Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanH

Took my wheels in for a re paint yesterday. They will be stripped, blasted, powder coated and re built. Price is £120 plus the cost of new wheel bearings so not bad.
New Pirelli Angel GT's will also be fitted.

To be honest the paint wasn't too bad but I thought as I was getting new tyres I would get it all done together.

Next job while the wheels are away is to polish the forks......

gsxbarmy

Quote from: IanH on Friday, 15 September  2017, 05:40 PM
Took my wheels in for a re paint yesterday. They will be stripped, blasted, powder coated and re built. Price is £120 plus the cost of new wheel bearings so not bad.
New Pirelli Angel GT's will also be fitted.

To be honest the paint wasn't too bad but I thought as I was getting new tyres I would get it all done together.

Next job while the wheels are away is to polish the forks......

Just make sure that they don't powdercoat the facings on the wheel(s) where the disks bolt on Ian as it can cause the disk to run misaligned. Ditto, when they powdercoat, maybe put some old bolts in the disk bolt holes, as you don't want the threads powder coated!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Mrg

Hi all been  away a awhile  so back now
Well new battery fitted
New set of indicators fitted all round ..feed up with the alloy type salt on the roads kills them
Oxford slow trickle charger fitted
Branded lines all round
And serving booked for this month
And a new viper Bluetooth flip up white helmet for me
And a gear indicator fitted to the bike dash

So not to bad ,, hope your all ok guys and girls  good to be back .....  :cheers:  :onya:  :)
look check and look again  then you see the fool

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Nothing.

Zero.

Zilch.

Emptied my "Bike Account" funds out and went shopping for a ute!

:facepalm: :frustrated: :doh:

Bikes are going to be on economy mode for a few months but I'm still aiming for another bike late next year and hopefully my current ones will get some work done on them along the way.

Big Geordi

Big Geordi

And then I did this!! So it worked oot ok Mr B just in case your choking on your Breakfast! 😂😂

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Kiwifruit

Looks like the Beemer is next in line to get masked up !! :whistling:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

seth

mmm
well while checking the bike ready for a European trip on Wednesday i found the sprocket carrier bearing is on the way out so i removed old one .today I'll be sourcing a replacement and fitting it .
it's on the red/black k5 done nearly 18000 miles .
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

I have to change them every time I fit a new chain. I suspect if I checked it early enough the chain would last a bit longer.

seth

me to always change at same time as chain kit hooli but this bike had a chain and sprockets just before i got it at 6000 miles only because the guy who had it wanted a gold chain so loads of miles left in the chain yet .
glad i found it before heading over the water tho.

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Aye you wouldn't want that ruining your holiday.

I wonder if the previous guy liked to pressure wash the wheels clean?

seth

i dont know but it was mega clean when got it .
the standard bearings are only sealed on 1 side so not the best i always replace with much better quality double sealed bearings .

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk