News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

The French are Revolting

Started by Mick_J, Wednesday, 01 May 2024, 06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Saw that yesterday, so many bikes👍

Hooli

The french might be smelly, anti-social, lazy, annoying, good for nothings but they know how to protest.

Jeykey

SAme has happened here in Portugal. Over the years the mot´s have been delayed. Ultimately was supposed to be Jan this year, another 1 year delay. We´ll see...
More protests.

Rynglieder

Mmm - they seem to do a lot of protesting about things that we British have bourn for years.

I took my wife to Paris last March for the "Big Birthday" and the whole experience was wiped out by protests about raising the state retirement age, as I recall it, still well short of our own in Britain.

No trains running from our hotel into the city, so there was a long walk. Instead of the booked glass of Champagne on the Eifel Tower I got a text message advising our visit was cancelled so the day was spent walking around where we could, sometimes being corralled into parks  by the police so that the marchers could pass and listening to the distant thump of tear gas grenades.

Not the day I had planned for her, those protests can really disrupt the innocent.

Oh, and never visit a city the year before the hold the Olympics - everything is covered in scaffold.

GSXKING

We were there last May and our Tour bus was held up by protesters blocking the street and tour guide was furious it stuffed all timing for everything we visited.
When metro is working though it is very efficient.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk