Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Idiots

Started by Mick_J, Saturday, 30 November 2019, 07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

numbskull

The British justice system, where the punishment is rarely commensurate with the crime.

MarkN

Think I've got to stick my head above the parapet here. Whilst I agree that the British justice system is lacking in punishment fitting the crime in almost all areas - sentences more than murderers get, don't think so.
If this had been a news item regarding stupid, dangerous driving in cars on this forum people would be up in arms about how poxy the sentences were.

Pricks like these riders not only give the majority a bad name but they risk the lives of other road users/pedestrians. I could give a fuck if they kill themselves quite honestly. They were on a public road not a race track or an organised event.

That's my two penneth anyway

Mick_J

Quote from: MarkN on Saturday, 30 November  2019, 10:29 PM
Think I've got to stick my head above the parapet here. Whilst I agree that the British justice system is lacking in punishment fitting the crime in almost all areas - sentences more than murderers get, don't think so.
If this had been a news item regarding stupid, dangerous driving in cars on this forum people would be up in arms about how poxy the sentences were.

Pricks like these riders not only give the majority a bad name but they risk the lives of other road users/pedestrians. I could give a fuck if they kill themselves quite honestly. They were on a public road not a race track or an organised event.

That's my two penneth anyway

Mark you are quite right I too couldn't give a flying fuck if these idiots killed themselves but if you spend 5 mins on Google there is plenty of examples no or low sentences given out for killing others.

CASE STUDY: On 31.03.10, The Star newspaper in Sheffield reported two cases of drivers let off for Causing Death by Dangerous Driving for killing by driving far too fast on bends. In the first case, Christopher Deaken-Frith admitted driving 'much too fast' down a Sheffield hill in frosty weather, ending the lives of his two passengers Liam Oliver and Sarah Kate O'Melia. Police estimated a driver would have been able to negotiate the bend 'with ease' if driving at less than 48mph. The speed limit was 30mph. Relatives stormed out of court when Deaken-Frith walked free with a suspended sentence for Causing Death by Careless Driving. In the second case, Nicholas Boothman crashed on a bend that he took at an estimated 50mph-70mph despite wet conditions and a sign warning drivers to take the bend at no more than 40mph. He killed passenger Robert Shaw, and seriously injured passenger Daniel Hallas, who had to have part of his leg amputated. He too walked free with a suspended sentence for Causing Death by Careless Driving.

https://metro.co.uk/2017/01/31/tragic-mother-who-killed-her-baby-is-spared-jail-6416647/

MarkN

My mistake, I didn't realise your initial comment related to vehicular related deaths. Unfortunately, as I said before, the justice system fails us most of the time and there seems little consistency in sentencing. We receive the law and not justice.
I have often thought that magistrates and judges should be the victims of a serious crime, or someone close to them should, before they are allowed to hold such positions. Then people might get their just deserts.

Having said that the riders in this case needed punishing regardless of how other incidents have been dealt with elsewhere and at other times

DP1400

Morons - a lifetime ban for these potential killers is the only way forward, doesn`t matter what braindeads like these are riding or driving, its lunacy on a public road......and lets not forget, our insurance premiums are adversely affected by idiots like this.

Kiwifruit

Many road deaths here are caused by tossers having no regard for any road rules. Law changes make no difference to their behaviour. However the lowering of speed limits and placement of wire strained median barriers in the name of keeping us safer really annoys me.
Our roads are covered in black lines from the tossers doing burnouts. The media call them boy racers but the last thing they are is any form of racer.
Sould make an example of the tossers and send them to the big house for an extended period.
Not much chance of that here sadly.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

There's a gent here who is banned from driving with a license for 68 years. However he has now racked up 14 times caught driving unlicensed and done time previously. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Has a rap sheet about 100 pages. Euthanasia should be mandatory.  :frustrated: :frustrated:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Mick_J

For most people in the UK 12 points on your license is a ban, but we have people riding / driving legally on well over 50 points so the law only works for some not all.  Then there are plenty of arseholes who still drive without a license and therefor no insurance, they just don't give a shit about anyone except themselves, if they get caught most just get another ban cos that will stop them won't it.

KiwiCol

How does that 50 points come about & still be legal Mick?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

numbskull

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 05 December  2019, 02:12 AM
How does that 50 points come about & still be legal Mick?
The points are added but they plead hardship if they were to lose the license, usually claim to be a carer for a relative, that type of thing. Insurance must be astronomical with that number of points though (if they bother with insurance).

KiwiCol

Sounds like a complete balls up & rort to me.   Guess you get used to it though.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

numbskull

Story is from the beginning of 2017, but still relevant https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39053658

numbskull

I said earlier in the thread that I didn't think the punishment aligned with the crime as the speeders were imprisoned.

Another example of poor driving: https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18182506.video-horrific-moment-biker-left-life-changing-injuries-driver-74-turned-across-path/

A case of SMIDSY. Given points and a fine. Rider still in hospital since the accident in September 2019.

Mick_J

£264 and six points, is that all a person is worth if he rides an old bike, he's not dead but is probably going to suffer for what is left of his life.  Mind you if you are a yank you get away with killing a biker.   :stir:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk