News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

4-Pot Caliper conversion - Caliper Options

Started by gsxbarmy, Friday, 03 February 2017, 08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 15 December  2017, 06:42 PM
Here ya go Col, have a read of this (I just have) it explains it all.  Interesting.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/why-things-are-radial-brakes

Good link, I'll put that in the site links directory when I get a  chance. :)
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Cykik

Swopped originals for Gsxr 600 k3.Straight swop, upgraded hoses at the same time.
Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

BlueDragon

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Friday, 03 February  2017, 08:56 AM
The following calipers are options (depending on availability, some may be easier to source than others):
-   Suzuki SV1000 03-04/K3-K4 Callipers
-   01-03 Suzuki GSXR600/750  (4-Pot Tokico front brake Callipers)
-   Suzuki SV1000 03-04/K3-K4  4-Pot Tokico front brake Callipers)

Looking at doing this upgrade..

But was wondering what the difference is with the brake calipers from different year models of the SV1000.

According to online parts listings the front brake calipers are the same part number on the 2003 model and the 2006/2007 model SV1000

Speedy1959

Hi
If they are the same part numbers you should be fine.
I used 2004 SV1000 callipers which I bought from "Powerhouse" already refurbished and painted. 
If you get yours from there then just be aware to be VERY careful with the Brake Fluid. The paint seems very sensitive to it!!
I had a water sprayer standing by and sprayed as soon as I leaked any Brake fluid.  When fitting my 2nd calliper I didn't leak any Brake fluid as I had learned my lesson.
Overall a brilliant conversion that I highly recommend to you.
The brakes are Very Very good. 
To quote my mate. "You wouldn't want them any stronger".
S.

grog

BlueDragon

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 12 August  2019, 07:23 PM
Hi
If they are the same part numbers you should be fine.
I used 2004 SV1000 callipers which I bought from "Powerhouse" already refurbished and painted. 
If you get yours from there then just be aware to be VERY careful with the Brake Fluid. The paint seems very sensitive to it!!
I had a water sprayer standing by and sprayed as soon as I leaked any Brake fluid.  When fitting my 2nd calliper I didn't leak any Brake fluid as I had learned my lesson.
Overall a brilliant conversion that I highly recommend to you.
The brakes are Very Very good. 
To quote my mate. "You wouldn't want them any stronger".
S.

Cheers.

:cheers:

Also of note, the GSR600 has the same front calipers as well - same part numbers as the SV1000.

Speedy1959

I have decided to convert my bike (as I did with my old one) to the 4 pot calipers..
They are ordered as are the new pads..
Once Ive done this there will be a pair of K7 front calipers for sale with 14k miles on them..
Also a brand new set of SBS 686HS (Sintered) pads, which are still in the packets unopened..
I will put these in the for sale section once I have fitted the 4 pots.

S.

Notty

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 02:25 AMI have decided to convert my bike (as I did with my old one) to the 4 pot calipers..
They are ordered as are the new pads..
Once Ive done this there will be a pair of K7 front calipers for sale with 14k miles on them..
Also a brand new set of SBS 686HS (Sintered) pads, which are still in the packets unopened..
I will put these in the for sale section once I have fitted the 4 pots.

S.
where did you order them from? same as last ones - are they black?  :)
@speedy1959
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Speedy1959

Quote from: Notty on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 05:03 AMwhere did you order them from? same as last ones - are they black?  :)
@speedy1959

They are Black and no not from the same place (Powerhouse)
They are refurbished though with new seals and polished interior surfaces etc.

There is another very nice set of 4 pot Calipers on eBay at the moment which I very nearly bought..
I had PM'd 2 sellers and the seller I bought from responded the first (Just)..

Right caliper below:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275871493449?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=oV9Qbh9bSHa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3xMK3ZV0TEK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

Left Caliper below:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275871496214?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=oV9Qbh9bSHa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3xMK3ZV0TEK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

S.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk