PR 4 GT wearing quickly?

Started by mikesaa309, Friday, 12 April 2019, 12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 12 April  2019, 04:28 AM
You'd better put some new tyres on though Notty, they're probably still the originals!!   023's?

You wish, the originals were 020s. Which were at least better than the 021s they got replaced by.

Notty

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 12 April  2019, 05:35 AM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 12 April  2019, 04:28 AM
You'd better put some new tyres on though Notty, they're probably still the originals!!   023's?

You wish, the originals were 020s. Which were at least better than the 021s they got replaced by.
Got new Pr4 as the 020 had gone off  ( 12 years and a massive 4k ) :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Kiwifruit

Never used the PR4GT but 3 sets of PR4's all doing around 13-15 thousand kms.
Do you really need to be running GT's ? Mostly I run 36 fr 38r
I know KC runs GT's but he would be one of the biggest blokes I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Sorry Col but you make a 14 look like a 250 !!
I'm on Road 5's now and liking them. Done over 14th kms and still looking fine.

That's not dirt Barmy, its camouflage !!
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

I'd say running GTs is a good idea. I get 6-7k out of PR4 GTs, I got a plain PR4 fitted in Switzerland last year as they had no GTs, it barely make 4k ridden in the same way.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 12 April  2019, 07:17 AM
I know KC runs GT's but he would be one of the biggest blokes I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Sorry Col but you make a 14 look like a 250 !!

That's not dirt Barmy, its camouflage !!

Yeah I do a bit, admittedly & unfortunately.   I've seen a couple of pics of me on it riding, & you'd think it's been photoshopped, but nah.  Shame really, as I don't feel too big for it.  Need a rocket 3 I think - or a wing.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Ill post that im really annoyed with my rear Angel. I must be doing something wrong. Front expired at 19th ks. My stupid rear just keeps going, just about to click 24 th ks. I try so hard lately to wear it out. Scared to go for long ride, just in case laminate comes thru. Amazing, sure is. Never had a tyre last as long. Im not skinny, 85 kgs, used two up as well. Still feels perfect, maybe a burnout is needed, just a huge smoke up, post pic and then a new one. Amazing tyre.

Hooli

I'm thinking Angels next as I've a mate in the Alps who swears by them for long life & grip in hot weather.

seth

I'll be very interested to see how you get on with Pirelli Angel's as you've used the Michelin's for a while and you use your bike a lot so can give some really good feed back.
:onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

I'll let you know in about 4k, as that's what left on my rear currently.

Kiwifruit

Like you Hooli l will most likely try a set of the new Pirellis next.
Just because l can.
Might as well sell why other rate them so highly.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

I've had PR4s delaminate in high temps before & it seems not that uncommon on the net. That's my main reason for trying others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk