News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Photography - Show us your photos !

Started by froudy, Tuesday, 03 April 2018, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

Just thought I'd pop this up on here...
I've always liked photography and considered myself to have a fairly good eye for a photo.
Back in Dec 2017 I bought myself a Nikon D3400 DSLR and started playing around with it. I recently added a Tamron 70-300 Tele Macro lens to my armoury.
I took about 600 photo's at my daughters recent wedding in the French Alps. I have to say that I was very pleased with the results.

While at the wedding I was talking to one of the guests that had a Canon Powershot SX60-HS. This camera has a huge 65X optical zoom on it. She had taken a few photos of the moon..Hand held only and not with a tripod. The results were amazing, so when I got home from the wedding I found a nearly new one and bought it.
I've only had one chance so far to try a moon shot, but again as it was just hand held I think you'll agree that it came out pretty well for a first attempt!

Any other budding photographers on here?

I've even created my own "Watermark" with Photoshop.
Here's a selection of a few of my shots....
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

grog

bloody good pics. keep at it.

froudy

Thanks Grog :onya:
I always said Years ago that I'd never go to a digital camera and preferred film...I now wouldn't go back to film even if I had the chance.
Sometimes when I go out with the camera I can take 200-300 photo's. When I get home and view them on the laptop I usually discard 30-40 straight away as they are rubbish. Using film, it would cost a bloody fortune!!

ARH

That's a cracking picture of the moon considering its a hand held shot!  What was the exposure time?

froudy

Quote from: ARH on Tuesday, 03 April  2018, 09:27 PM
That's a cracking picture of the moon considering its a hand held shot!  What was the exposure time?

God knows...I had it set to "Auto" and just held it. Pressed the shutter button as soon as the auto focus got it crisp :imrgreen:

KiwiCol

I've done a wee bit in photography, couple of wedding too.  My stuff was all in days of film. Still have all the gear but don't use it anymore. I also dabbled in macro shots, as that perspective interested me.    Great shots Froudy, a pleasure to see them here.  Thx
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

seth

That's some quality work there buddy
Really love the pic of the moon
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Sweaty

Excellent work Froudy, keep it up 👍

froudy

Appreciate the comments..Thanks guys :onya:

I like the macro perspective too @KiwiCol ..Not difficult either.

KiwiCol

Night photography with starburst filter was another interest too. You do those?  The 'atmosphere' or 'emotion' to the pic can completely change at night. 
What looks ordinary & mundane in daytime can take on a completely different aura at night - especially if those looking at it don't recognise the subject.

froudy

Apart from the moon photo, I haven't done any other night time shots yet. I just bought a selection of filters including a 6 point starburst...So that'll be one to play with when I get time.

KiwiCol

I used the 4 point mostly, I found the 6 a little 'overwhelming' myself. Have a crack & see what you think, all fun anyway. Cheers.

froudy

Actually I just double checked..Mine is a four point.
The Nikon actually has an option to edit photos and add starburst after taking the shot. Fully adjustable too ..Number and intensity of bursts, and number of points.

KiwiCol

Amazing what you can do nowadays.  That 65x optical zoom would never be able to be hand held in the old days.

froudy

It's a bit of a handful on max zoom without a tripod!!
I've got a tripod and IR remote, so next time we get clear skies and a decent moon I'll be giving it a go.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk