News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Goodbye to the Z1300

Started by Rynglieder, Thursday, 02 May 2024, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynglieder

After over 40 years of ownership, I've finally let my Z1300 go.

It was a bit of a wrench, but it was the right thing to do, despite being retired I wasn't getting the time to ride it and hopefully it is now I the hands of someone who will do the necessary work to it and have some pleasure in riding it.

After helping to heave it into a van and seeing it off I was expecting my wife to present me with a list of things that a "windfall" should be spent on, but it was not the case – I think there was almost a tear from her, we've had it longer than the kids after all.

I doubt that I'll ever be up to four bikes again, three seems enough, but you never know.

Mick_J

Many years ago I was at a bike rally and I pointed out a chap in the field and said to my wife and mates that I wanted to be just like him.  They all laughed and said what, a short bald old man.  No I said I want to be still riding his bike at his age, he must have been well into his 60's and he was riding a Kawasaki Z1300, it was one hell of a bike.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

GSXKING

I've seen one or two of them over the years usually at concourse events. They are an extremely large motorcycle to look at.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Rynglieder

Quote from: GSXKING on Saturday, 04 May  2024, 02:47 PMI've seen one or two of them over the years usually at concourse events. They are an extremely large motorcycle to look at.

And in recent years a "man & wife" operation to get it on the centre stand. I think it had outgrown me  :embarrassed:

Boa

Sorry to see you've had to let it go Pete, i know how much you love that bike. Looks pristine  :onya:

We must do another ride this year!

Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

GSXKING

https://youtube.com/shorts/IEgFPxphbaI?si=2Z1hS0ksthhBjejC

There were a few 6 cylinder bikes. I seem to remember Benelli having one 🧐
Chris

GSXKING

Chris

Mick_J

Quote from: GSXKING on Wednesday, 08 May  2024, 08:14 AMhttps://youtube.com/shorts/IEgFPxphbaI?si=2Z1hS0ksthhBjejC

There were a few 6 cylinder bikes. I seem to remember Benelli having one 🧐

But Benelli cheated, they just took a honda CB500 engine and grafted another 2 cylinders on to it (A La Allan Millyard), they later bored it out to 900.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk