News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

New member from UK

Started by markyp33, Thursday, 02 May 2024, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markyp33

Hi. My name is Mark, 58 year old rider from the East Midlands , UK. I've owned all sorts of bikes in my time my favourite being my Honda Blackbird. I sold that some time ago due to needing a more comfortable riding position and have been on V's and twins since, mainly naked or adventure. I tried the Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor which, in fairness was a hoot, and did everything pretty well for the money you pay. During all this time I missed the punch and rush of a Jap inline four engine. So it came to a choice - I wanted a big engined, naked Jap in line four. I looked at the Honda CB1300, Yamaha XJR1300 and the GSX1400. I was not keen on the looks of the Honda, there seems to be quite a few XJRs on the road (including one living next door to me) so I leant towards the GSX1400. Loved the looks, a bit more rare on the roads and it read well on reviews. I took the plunge and picked my new one up Tuesday!!! Absolutely love it, and boy - that speed after the Interceptor, mind blowing! Believe it or not it is only 8kg heavier? The good weather is on its way in the UK so looking forward to racking some miles up on it, getting used to its handling and tweaking it to me. It has a few subtle mods on it by the previous owner - clutch/brake levers, exhaust, hagon shocks, screen, rack, cooler guard - nothing major. The rack is going in exchange for a Hepco & Becker Easyrack. I do a lot of touring and longer rides and like the back seat clear, and don't do rucksacks lol - so its good to have a luggage option.

Notty

Welcome  :)  good weather on the way ???
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Mick_J

Welcome to the forum Mark.  :onya: I'm with Notty on this one, what good weather and when?
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

seth

:welcome1:
To all things 1402
Have a good look around as tones ofni for here
 :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Afternoon, these beasts are great for touring. Mine's been as far as Croatia when wandering aimlessly round europe.

KiwiCol

Gidday mate, welcome to the forum.  Very nice intro too.  :cheers:   
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

GSXKING

G'day Mark and welcome to our nuthouse 👍
Great intro indeed
Your pics are good you look like you fit the mighty GSX perfectly 😈
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Rynglieder

Welcome Mark, long may you enjoy your GSX.

It's greaet for touring on, mine's been around a bit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rynglieder/albums/72157649641434957/

Pete.

Eric GSX1400K3

Welcome Mark enjoy the 1402
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

Hi :)  Would you be kind enough to pop your location in your profile please  :onya:

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk