Standard k5 or later handlebars

Started by seth, Wednesday, 01 May 2024, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

Does anyone have a set of handlebars for sale ?
K5 onwards (with the welded in bosses in the ends) preferred
But early ones would help if that's all that is about .
I had a small off at the weekend so need to get the bike fixed 😫
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Andre

K3 onward have the welded in bosses. Hope this helps in the search.

seth

Quote from: Andre on Wednesday, 01 May  2024, 08:05 PMK3 onward have the welded in bosses. Hope this helps in the search.
Thanks buddy
Just hoping someone has a set left from changing to rentals ornother aftermarket bars . :cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

KiwiCol

Ya can't leave it like that Seth, "had a small off in the weekend & need to get the bike fixed"  What happened?  Obviously you're ok, thats good news, but we'd like to know what happened & how.

Come on chap, spill the beans . . . :popcorn:  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

seth

Heading home on very small rural roads in the northeast of England it had just started raining (very light but got the roads wet) I hit some oil/diesel on the road at about 20mph and the bike went down on the right hand side.

I got a little shake up sore rightarm and right knee my jacket and waterproof trousers are damaged but did there job .

The bike
Fairing got a big graze but didn't break is getting repainted this week
Vstrom handguard rh got dangled but saved everything else in the bars
Bars are bent getting replacement on Friday
Engine case (points cover) cracked and scrap (fixed it with gorilla tape and it got me the 135 Miles home) it's now replaced (i had a spare)
R&G crash button rh is scrap (saved most of the engine and other damage) already replaced with one from ebay
Rear brake leaver is bent ( I have a spare to replace it) but will try to straighten it .
Exhaust a fee small scratches but ut wasn't mint when j brought the bike and will be OK with a little TLC.

The bike somehow rode home the 134miles but was covered in oil .
It's stripped and now the repair has already started .

I was achy for 2 days
All will be OK after my first off in 25 years . :cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

KiwiCol

owwww, sound a bit worse than you said. Is your right shoulder ok? 20mph is still fast to be kissing the road though.  Hope you get the bike sorted without too much hassle.  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mick_J

Sorry to hear of your off seth but I hope you and the bike are back on the road again soon.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 02 May  2024, 09:44 AMVstrom handguard rh got dangled but saved everything else in the bars

I've got a spare pair of the fake ones for later V-stroms, I can bung them in the post if you want undamaged ones, they aren't worth selling as no fitting kit with them so I've just slung them in the corner of the garage.

Andre

Sounds like you and the bike are well onto the mend  :onya:

seth

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 02 May  2024, 06:43 PM
Quote from: seth on Thursday, 02 May  2024, 09:44 AMVstrom handguard rh got dangled but saved everything else in the bars

I've got a spare pair of the fake ones for later V-stroms, I can bung them in the post if you want undamaged ones, they aren't worth selling as no fitting kit with them so I've just slung them in the corner of the garage.

If you want rid they'd be very useful mate
I'd cover costs ect

Sethbot Postwhore

Rynglieder

Glad you managed to bounce back up by the sound of it.

It seems like you have the repairs well in hand, so hopefully you'll be back on the road soon.

seth

Thanks to all
Yes I'm OK no real damage to me
The bike is well on the way to being fully repaired
Last thing I needed was bars and got them today so hopefully all fixed by the end of the weekend.
Thank for all the good wishes  :cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk