Donations towards cost of maintaining the Owner's ORG 2022

Started by VladTepes, Monday, 10 January 2022, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Thank you so much to all who have donated
:notworthy:
including at least one of our brand new members. :onya:

I have updated forum status so hopefully all who have donated have 'Forum Donor 2022' beside their avatar.

Please let me know if I've been a dick and missed anyone :) 
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tally

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

VladTepes

I just want to express my appreciation to all who have donated so far.  I've gone back through my records and I haven't reimbursed myself for any of the out-of-pocket expenses since 2020.

Your donations help toward putting  me back in the black, and keep the missus off my back :) (poetic eh)

With the donations people have been making, each year we get pretty close to breaking even. (unlike an un-named owner of an un-named previous gsx1400 forum who was apparently pocketing lots of surplus cash  :angry: )

I am so honoured that people are willing to chip in so we can maintain a great forum without having to resort to having display ads on the site. That's something I very much want to avoid.

:worshippy: :clapping:

I have not yet 'done the books' for the last couple of years re income and expenses, but I have always considered this YOUR forum. I am happy to answer, in private, and questions that donating members might have regarding forum finances.  So once I've collected all teh relevant info I'll post a precis  after which I'm happy to answer questions on the matter. I've nothing to hide.   I will note, however, that in fairness donor names will be redacted - nobody will be able to find out how much any other person has donated.
:onya:

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Hooli

I would donate, but I run my own forum as well & that costs me enough even though it's beginning to break even most of the time. So I totally get where you're coming from Vlad.

I didn't know the story of the old ORG's end before, but I've seen such things on another forum I've used before as well. Never a good thing after members have trusted the owners.

grog

Doing a great job Vlad. No Adds please. Lots of members now, just a tiny donation from each would be lots. Come on Fellas, donate cost of just one coffee.

VladTepes

Yes mate, I detest ads and based on the generosity members have shown, there's no need for them :)

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Boa

Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Kiwifruit

So are you saying the invoice I paid three months ago for forum subscription of $1000.00us to an account in Nigeria has not got to you yet Vlad ??
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

VladTepes

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 11 February  2022, 12:32 PM
So are you saying the invoice I paid three months ago for forum subscription of $1000.00us to an account in Nigeria has not got to you yet Vlad ??
it did, I've reinvested it in a deal where a box of $300 million in gold bars is being shipped to me...  :whistling:

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk