Suitable Engine Oils

Started by VladTepes, Monday, 23 January 2017, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Are they metric or imperial hammers?

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SA14

All my hammers are centre handed helix style.

Malarky

I've been advised to run fully synthetic 5w50 in the turbo 14 ,part to do with facet scavenge pump .
Bought supermoly 5w50 atv,not cheap so we will see how it goes.
It's rated for wet clutches also.

:cheers:

Hooli

Good luck with the stem seals, they seem to fail on 14s run on fully synth. Takes a while mind so unless you ride the turbot like a normal bike you might never have an issue.

Malarky

Hi Hooli
Head was gas flowed ,seats recut ,new stem seals and reprofiled cams at 12500 miles now on 14500.
Where I am it's just going to be ridden like a power cruiser ,it's a straightliner really .
I just like the fact its has crazy if you want.
Turbo build by Mjrevtech ,build pics on their fb.
Cheers for reply bro.

burudi

I am of the opinion that on this motorcycle the price of oil should not be looked at twice nor the fact that at only 6500rpm it has already given almost everything,

I prefer an oil that at any time I have the security of being leftover without considering if I am wasting part of the money on it.

100% synthetic redline - amsoil - ravenol and in this order attending to a base oil with a higher % of ester and the rest PAO base and in any case with a splendid package of additives

I think.

Speedy1959

Oh Dear....
Now you've done it..
You've opened the oil debate can of worms ! :whistling: 

burudi

Wow, I wasn't aware that I was opening Pandora's box. :stir:

Eric GSX1400K3

Uh-oh, he's gone and done it, next thing he'll be talking about which tyres are best...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Tony Nitrous

... or hammers....   :grin:

Tony Nitrous

... and considering I neither like or use adjustable spanners I'm not sure why I have these either...  :happy1:

grog

A good collection Tony, you have more hammers than me, shifters, a few less but i out trump you, have a huge one, its either 24 or 36 inch, cant remember. Totally useless, no idea where i got it.

Hooli

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Sunday, 21 May  2023, 03:14 PM... or hammers....   :grin:

I think 7th from the left is imperial so can't be used on Jap bikes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk