News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

What's under your seat?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 05 October 2021, 07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

So we all know that there is copious space available under the seat of a GSX1400

My question to your therefore is.......What's under your seat?

(I'll start with nothing as there is absolutely no space under the seat of a BMW R1250GS!!!! But don't let that stop you GSX1400 owners LOL)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

seth

I have loads under my seat
A large toolkit mainly used for fixing other bikes .
A large chain and lock .
Airbed pump.
Spare set of levers.
Tyreweld.
And a puncture repair kit .
Think that's all .
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Snapey

Before I sold the 14 I had spare levers, a compressor, multi meter, rain gear, puncture repair kit, tool kit, Swiss army knife, occy straps, duct tape and a folder containing a note pad, owners manual, a couple of pens and give away laminated paper clip test & result info.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

VladTepes

Standard tool kit, tyre repair kit, cig lighter style plug hooked up to battery.
That's about it.

But my top box stays on my bike most of the time and I keep other stuff in there - first aid kit and tourniquet, jacket liner etc.

Quote from: Snapey on Tuesday, 05 October  2021, 08:21 AM
and give away laminated paper clip test & result info.

Wouldn't be much good for your own bike under there - cant get to underseat without key and need bike to stay on so codes don't clear...
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

mlivkovich

Tool kit, spare levers, first aid kit, puncture repair kit, disc lock

Snapey

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 05 October  2021, 11:34 AM

Quote from: Snapey on Tuesday, 05 October  2021, 08:21 AM
and give away laminated paper clip test & result info.

Wouldn't be much good for your own bike under there - cant get to underseat without key and need bike to stay on so codes don't clear...

Michael they're just two laminated sheets about 120 x 100 with info on locating the plug for the paper clip test, an explanation of the fault code and a paper clip.
I had the FI light come on when 75k in to a weekend away so I did the test & got a C28 but I had no idea what that was so headed home. If I had info on the C28 I could have kept going. I swore that wouldn't happen again so I printed and laminated the relevant info and now hand them out to any 1400 riders I see on my travels.

Snapey

Take the seat off and remove the battery tray top. In there next to the battery are three or so
multiconnectors. One of them's a bigger black one ( you don't want that ), one of them's a
smaller white one ( That's the one ). The white one you'll notice has two cables going to it. A
white / red one and a black / white one. The black / white one is an earth. By careful observation
one can deduce which of the connector terminals these two cables go to. Then take a paperclip /
hairclip / sandwich bag tie / any other suitable conductor and short across the two terminals. Do
this while the ignition is on or running and the bike will display an error code in the LCD
display in the speedo. c00 is no faults found whereas c34 is an injector problem with number 3
cylinder. All the error codes are listed in the factory manual. This little short will save you
purchasing Suzuki special tool 09930-82710 The Mode Select Switch. It effectively puts the
bike from 'User' mode into 'Dealer' mode.

CODE        MALFUNCTION PART                                    REMARKS

c00    None                                                                        No defective part
c11    Camshaft position sensor (CMPS)
c12    Crankshaft position sensor (CKPS)                Pick-up coil signal, signal generator
c13    Intake air pressure sensor (IAPS)
c14    Throttle position sensor (TPS)
c15    Engine oil temp. sensor (EOTS)
c21    Intake air temp. sensor (IATS)
c22    Atmospheric pressure sensor (APS)
c23    Tip over sensor (TOS)
c24    Ignition signal #1, #4 (IG coil #1, #4)              For #1 & 4 cylinders
c25    Ignition signal #2, #3 (IG coil #2, #3)                For #2 & 3 cylinders
c28    Secondary throttle valve actuator (STVA) *3
c29    Secondary throttle position sensor (STPS)
c31    Gear position signal (GP switch)
c32    Injector signal #1 (FI #1)                    For #1 cylinder
c33    Injector signal #2 (FI #2)                    For #2 cylinder
c34    Injector signal #3 (FI #3)                    For #3 cylinder
c35    Injector signal #4 (FI #4)                    For #4 cylinder
c41    Fuel pump control system (FP control system)          Fuel pump, Fuel pump relay
c42    Ignition switch signal (IG switch signal)                 Anti-theft

In the LCD (DISPLAY) panel, the malfunction code is indicated from small code to
large code. *3
When the secondary throttle valve actuator and secondary throttle position sensor
signals are not sent to ECM. In this case, c29 is indicated.

Snapey

The other bit won't copy but it's in the manual.

grog

Snapey, any spare sheets left? Wouldnt mind one. Can send bucks for postage etc. Thanks.

grog

Under my seat, without looking. Rain over jacket, rain pants, spare gloves, headlight globe, first aid kit, socket set, allen keys, fuses, cable ties, original tool kit, puncture plugs, air pump. Electrical connecters. Tie wire. Fuel pump relay. Axle nut front tool, 36 mm socket for rear. Visor clean spray, microfibre towel, hand cleaner, old skool rag. Spare sox, two plastic garbage bags, fit over boots for wet days. Still have space. 😂

Mick_J

Standard tool kit
Puncture repair kit
Cargo net
Side stand puck
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Thanks mjgt, forgot the sidestand thingo.

Tally

Standard tool kit with additional tools ,front axle nut,disc lock,Swiss army knife, 10 mm socket on screwdriver type attachment for battery,tape measure(rear wheel alignment), cable ties, ratchet spanner for front axle nut,puncture repair kit, spare sump plug, original flasher relay and a tyre inflator and still room left for more stuff. :onya:

Kiwifruit

Small tub of glucose powder, wide insulation tape, cable ties, led torch, tyre gauge and air hose fitting, allen keys, few small spanners & couple of screwdrivers, headlight bulb, tiny bottle chain lube, visor spray, end of a roll of kitchen towel, half bog roll, soft backpack, first aid kit, factory toolkit, couple of rags, 2 cable locks, windproof inner gloves, tampons  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Currently a lawnmower, petrol chainsaw, large box of tools & loads of other stuff.

Can you tell the seat isn't on the bike?  :whistling:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk