News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

IOM 2021 Cancelled

Started by gsxbarmy, Monday, 30 November 2020, 10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Just announced that the 2021 IOM TT has been cancelled. Next TT will be in 2022

https://www.morebikes.co.uk/news/171225/the-isle-of-man-tt-will-not-happen-in-2021/

Sad but necessary. Thanks Covid.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

GSXKING

BUMMER  :doh: :doh: :doh:

I'm organising a group to go along in 2025. Fingers crossed the world will be back to normal by then.  :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

seth

I think even with the mass vaccinations.
big events with very large crowds will still be off untill much later in the year or even till 2022.
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Bloody crazy, but can't blame them. It's the governments convinced it's the chance to destroy society & make us all little slave drones that'd ensure it didn't happen even if they tried to go ahead.

Kiwifruit

They are doing a damn good job of that Hooli.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

Sturgis was on in August FFS a lot more people attended that than IOM TT will ever.

2020 City of Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Update

The San Diego State University IZA study regarding the COVID-19 cases resulting from the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is blatantly faulty. The study concludes that nearly 20% of the COVID- 19 cases reported in America from August 2 to September 2 are due to the event. This outrageous conclusion is antithetical to actual case data as numerous State Officials across the United States have been actively seeking to tie any COVID-19 case to the event. Despite these active efforts, fewer than 300 cases have been identified nationwide. The careless ease with which mainstream media outlets have published a report that multiplies that factual data by 1,000 is shameful. The absolute preposterousness of the conclusion is further demonstrated by the results of the community-wide mass testing which occurred after the event, where there were 26 positives cases out of 650 patients tested...
Chris

Johno

GSXKing I'm not sure what your is your point.

My understanding is that there were 460,000 attended Sturgis 2020.

650 tested is only a small portion of the attendance.

The overall USA Covid figures speak for themselves.

I hope you get to the IOM, and COVID politics becomes ancient history.
Johno

GSX1400 K5 now sold
1981 GS1000G

Irish in Oz

Johno

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Tuesday, 01 December  2020, 07:14 PM
@Johno
Still number crunching mate.

Just comparing here in Oz with elsewhere.

The virus has no regard for politics. Outcomes determined by actions or in some cases no action.
Johno

GSX1400 K5 now sold
1981 GS1000G

GSXKING

Can't compare Australia to anywhere else. We are isolated by distances Europeans could only dream of. They suffer very porous borders also.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the world.  :notworthy:
Chris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk