News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

New bike / Next bike. Poor options.

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 22 October 2017, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Thursday, 26 October  2017, 04:35 PM
17ltr tank, and compared to the model its based on it is longer, heavier and less powerful. So its just a soft version of a current model.

That plastic tail and coat of paint are certainly getting folk excited....  :happy1:
If you are not interested in one why bring it up, you decided that before you seen the specs.
What would be prefect for you!

Tony Nitrous

I bought it up because its a new large"ish" by today's standards naked bike that others on here have mentioned.

Folk on here like retro nakeds and I'm happy to hear their opinions.

My comments were why I don't find it suitable and a downsides to current models and that folk were getting excited about a bike that's worse in many ways than the one (2017 Z900) its been based around.

I didn't realise that discussing or having an opinion on a new naked bike was a taboo subject.

grog

I like new zed looks but thats all my interest over. I waited for months for new speedmaster trump. Was so interested, 14 litre tank i think. Just no good for me. Triumph have been best at retro re mastering with bonnie, nothing else has come close. Just my opinion

Andre

I like the retro trend. The 900 looks good. She would look better with a 4-2-4 and stereo shocks.  :whistling: She has plenty of power. The small tank may or may not be a problem depending on it's mpg and the rider's trip profile. I doubt that she will use significant less petrol than the 14.

Mick_J

There's not many biks out there with a decent size fuel tank, but my BMW R1200r gets 65 mpg, so at 18 Ltrs I can still get further up the road than on my 14.  Not all the euro 4 crap is bad  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

seth

i like the new Z900 if it had twin shocks it would be spot on.
the small tank would be a problem if it couldn't do 150 miles but if it can then happy days .
I've never sat on my 14 for all of its 225 mile tank range as we tend to start looking for a stoo and fuel after 120 miles or so but i hate having to stop  because of low fuel i like to pick where I'll stop if that makes sense  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Irish in Oz

15 litres at say 18 kilometres per litre equals 270 k's or 168.75 miles range. Probably 3 hours riding.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Friday, 27 October  2017, 12:10 PM
15 litres at say 18 kilometres per litre equals 270 k's or 168.75 miles range. Probably 3 hours riding.

B-King has a 16.5 ltr tank.
You don't get close to those numbers if your having fun or on a "spirited" ride and you can't do the tank neck mod on a King.
A boring cruise maybe see those numbers.

Busa and GSX tank sizes suit me better.
What numbers others get or are happy with doesn't have to suit me.

Irish in Oz

I can get 250 k out of a 14 tank as well, and that's not due to my big gut lol.

T 24

I can easily run 330-350 km with my 14 (when I´m riding with my wife), but if it is possible I fill the tank after 250 to 280 km to protect the fuel pump.
On the other hand, it is no problem to spend almost all the fuel during 220 km (when I´m riding alone).

KiwiCol

Hmmm, so this handbrake theory actually does seem to have some substance then.  My riding style would appear to mimic yours' T24.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

i always expect/get 300 minimum. fast , slow , wife or solo. maybe im just a slow old fart, quite possible.  :smile2:

T 24

My riding is always solo.  That "handbrake" comes with her own XJR 1300...
And by the way, when we ride together, the XJR uses more fuel than my 14.

Tony Nitrous

Tony Nitrous

The old CB1000R always was a bit tame and now gets a little more serious...

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2018-honda-cb1000r-power-metal/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk