Gsx 14 won't start up

Started by Banditowner1200, Friday, 17 March 2023, 04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banditowner1200

Hi all. My low mileage gsx won't give me any joy at the moment as in won't start up and stay started up. Since I got it I'm finding it hard to work on since its new to me working with more electrics and a fuel injection set up. Injectors have been cleaned...new seals put in...fuel rail cleaned...teabag filter cleaned, fuel regulator ok and clip back on fine, tank is fine and fuel is fine. Airbox fine and filter, air lines have been replaced, new fuel lines. Right tps has been tested and is reading fine but not tested the left side yet.
Done the paperclip trick on the management switch and its reading no error codes.
So apart from what I've done allready to check stuff out what else could I be looking at in time when I get round to working on it again.
I'm based in teesside if anyone who's good working on them quickly can come out to me.
Thanks for the help guys.

Dwain Dibley

A mate of mine had issues like this, and it turned out to be a crushed fuel pipe under the tank, not much room under there when seating tank. also check for a blocked breather ?

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Banditowner1200

Quote from: Dwain Dibley on Friday, 17 March  2023, 04:33 AMA mate of mine had issues like this, and it turned out to be a crushed fuel pipe under the tank, not much room under there when seating tank. also check for a blocked breather ?

D.D.
fuel line has been routed the same way each time and breather pipe isn't cracked and not moved.no kinks in either

Hooli

So you're saying it fires up and cuts out right away?

I'd be looking at the vacuum pipes to the MAP sensor then. That's the one that lives between the frame rails under the tank. Unplugging the sensor will let it run with the FI light on if that's the issue.

Other ideas...

Is the fuel pump priming for 3 secs when you turn the key on? There's a known thing with dirty ignition switches where the pump doesn't get power.you should hear it run when you turn the key on, every time.

Tell us more about what it does and you'll get more helpful replies to narrow things down.

Speedy1959

Check your fuel pump fuse..
As Hooli says listen for it priming when you turn on the ignition..
The only time mine has ever refused to start was a blown fuel pump fuse.(for whatever the reason).

grog

Agree with Hooli, more info required.

Banditowner1200

Yeah it trys to fire up after priming but cuts out straight away.
I've replaced all the vacuum pipes off the injectors to the 2 sensors under the tank.
I've not had it running yet with the lines off to see the fi light come on.
Fuel pump is priming for 3 seconds.
If I can suss out how to post a vid I will to show what's happening

Tally

@banditowner . In your original post you say you did the fuel pump and it all went together fine including the reg clip , did you secure it with lock wire as those clips are a one time deal and are known to pop off meaning your bike won't run. That's my pennies worth , hope it helps.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Tally on Sunday, 19 March  2023, 02:02 AM@banditowner . In your original post you say you did the fuel pump and it all went together fine including the reg clip , did you secure it with lock wire as those clips are a one time deal and are known to pop off meaning your bike won't run. That's my pennies worth , hope it helps.

Yep, that'd do it alright, she's got no fuel pressure, fires because of the prime then dies cos no pressure.  Good thinking Tally.  Hope it is this cos that's an easy fix, check the regulator clip is in place.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Banditowner1200

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 19 March  2023, 04:59 AM
Quote from: Tally on Sunday, 19 March  2023, 02:02 AM@banditowner . In your original post you say you did the fuel pump and it all went together fine including the reg clip , did you secure it with lock wire as those clips are a one time deal and are known to pop off meaning your bike won't run. That's my pennies worth , hope it helps.

Yep, that'd do it alright, she's got no fuel pressure, fires because of the prime then dies cos no pressure.  Good thinking Tally.  Hope it is this cos that's an easy fix, check the regulator clip is in place.
Yeah there's no pressure alright. The white clip is firmly in its place

Banditowner1200

there's a lock wire now?I only noticed the white clip was off but lock wire...you got me there...doesn't ring a bell

Tally

@banditowner , yeah if you remove the white clip it will not stay on when you put it back , you secure it in place with some lock wire there's a thread on here somewhere that tells how to do it, somebody will point you in the right direction. The clip is a one time deal, once it's slightly out of shape it will not return fully even though it looks like it has.

Tally

@banditowner , found it , go to the fuelling section on the home page, go to page 2 , click on fuel regulator clip and read  gsxbarmys post it will show you what to do on the 2nd pic

Banditowner1200

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 19 March  2023, 04:59 AM

I'm hoping it's a cheap fix,I'll need to order some lock wire in then and see how to get it sercured aswel.
Sounds like i have a few things to check out

Hooli

I locked mine with a cable tie, but it's a bit of an art to get the whole thing back in the tank then as it makes it slightly too wide for the hole.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk