News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

The endless search for seat comfort.

Started by Nic, Monday, 13 December 2021, 11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

DP, never ridden 1975 XS650 Yam. If theyd put nails in seat wouldve been better. Changed seat, one of my best bikes.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

seth

Hiya @j_rider
I've heard the same I do know folks who were the padded cycling shorts on long trips .
P.s. head over to the bar say say hello  :cheers:
Good to have another new member who engages with post.
😎
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Nellywelly

Has anyone tried these?
I've had a couple of pairs now, really comfortable.
Been across france, Switzerland, Italy on our 1400.
Not had any problems with soreness.
I would recommend having a look.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Skiveez-Motorcycle-comfort-pants-Adventure-/122401510735?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Nic

Quote from: GSXKING on Tuesday, 21 December  2021, 09:12 PM
Quote from: GSXKING on Tuesday, 14 December  2021, 01:56 PM
Perhaps look these up @Nic   https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/spt-moto-skiveez-sport-skiveez

Well after doing a bit of research I decided I'll give em a try. Adventuremoto seams the only place in Oz the get them and they only have size S in the Adventure style. Missed it by that much.

Nic

I've asked them to notify me when they get more in.

Kiwifruit

Nic didn't that Kardigashian tart have some arse implants......might prove more comfy than padded knickers and a diaper for the more senior gentlemen.   :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Nic

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Wednesday, 22 December  2021, 05:22 PM
Nic didn't that Kardigashian tart have some arse implants......might prove more comfy than padded knickers and a diaper for the more senior gentlemen.   :facepalm:
Yep, sounds good mate  :)

grog

Nic, the Skivveez get all the ticks, hope it solves your prob. My latest prob is hip cramps, they sure hurt. 66 yrs doesnt help, just started some suggested stretches to help me.

Nic

It don't get no easier the older you get that's fer sure.

GSXKING

Compound exercises will help with both joint mobility and muscle tension. Deadlifts and squats will help your hips and quads/glutes so you have muscles to sit on  :hat:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Nic

Oh great, squats, you can phone them in, my least desirable activity. I must have done 50 of em bleeding the brakes the other day, couldn't walk for 3 days, yeah yeah, need to do em every day, but I ain't no young'n no more. I try to avoid squats like the plague.
Please don't tell me this is why my arse is so piss weak on the bike, probable is though   :cry2:

Kiwifruit

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 22 December  2021, 07:12 PM
Nic, the Skivveez get all the ticks, hope it solves your prob. My latest prob is hip cramps, they sure hurt. 66 yrs doesnt help, just started some suggested stretches to help me.

Hip cramped, yep that's me too grog, bloody painful.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

Gotta be an age thing, as I get that on occasion as well, right in the ball joint.  Few movements & straighten up (leg out forward) often will 'reset' it & I can get on with it.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk