News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

External fuel filter

Started by grog, Thursday, 23 February 2017, 09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bielie45

BJ

Been after photos for drilling HP fuel filter re external filter fitment and came across some pics on the Hayabusa.org site.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/fuel-filter-mod.175027/
Is this the exact same procedure for the GSX1400 or can someone point me to another site.
I'm having no luck viewing pics on any of the vstrom sites.
Thanks

mlivkovich

Same procedure on gsx hp filter housing, I've done it. :cheers:

Will14

Hi all

I am considering doing this mod, has anyone in the UK already done it & if so any recommendations on filter where did you purchase from please?

Thanks

Pete

Snapey

Quote from: Will14 on Tuesday, 12 May  2020, 07:37 AM
Hi all

I am considering doing this mod, has anyone in the UK already done it & if so any recommendations on filter where did you purchase from please?

Thanks

Pete

This is the one I've got but with an 8mm barb. Drawings of the bracket are on here somewhere. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aeroflow-30-Micron-Billet-Fuel-Filter-1-2-Barb-Black-Finish-2-Length/192245798187?hash=item2cc2be152b:g:ABgAAOSwidlZZh~J
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

grog

Snapey, they sure do the job. My bike never ran as good before that mod. Coming home tonight, must be a few years since done, thinking how nice this thing just revs thru the range.  :)

Will14

T250

Getting bits and pieces together to do this mod, does anyone in the UK know where I can get the quick fit push connectors? I don't want to cut the old pipe and risk damaging the original connectors. I want to be able to assemble a complete new system.

The only ones I see listed are 7.89mm where as the originals are marked as 7.95mm...

T250

Quote from: T250 on Friday, 02 September  2022, 11:09 PM
Getting bits and pieces together to do this mod, does anyone in the UK know where I can get the quick fit push connectors? I don't want to cut the old pipe and risk damaging the original connectors. I want to be able to assemble a complete new system.

The only ones I see listed are 7.89mm where as the originals are marked as 7.95mm...

Think I have found the answer...7.89 mm minimum when new, and 7.95 after being exposed to fuel for a long time, according to the SAE J2044 specification

grog

Glad youre onto it Mate. JIS connecters, High pressure hose and high pressure EFI clamps all thats needed. What filter you using? Cant wait for your ride results, youll be pleased.

T250

This is the filter I am going to use, same as you guys 30micron, slightly longer than your Proflow filters but should fit between the frame rail and air filter. Also using the AN-6 connectors so no bend on the fuel hose. New tea bag and O rings. Just waiting for the quick fit connectors to arrive  :onya:

Snapey

This is my bracket to hold the filter. Different fittings it but might help.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

grog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk