News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

GSXR seat conversion

Started by Yoda, Friday, 17 February 2017, 07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

@grog the problem with the campbells is they sound even better than they look  :stir:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

gsxbarmy

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 25 October  2018, 10:39 PM
@grog the problem with the campbells is they sound even better than they look  :stir:

Too damn noisy @seth  also IMO they stifle the performance - at least on my previous K2 they did, soon as I removed them and put Beowulf's on the bike breathed a lot easier and ran a lot better.

Personally I think that Campbells are overrated - just my opinion of course, but I was glad to sell mine on.

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

seth

I've only heard @Yoda leaving from our ride around the hills it sounded fantastic .
Years ago I brought a bike just on how it sounded (gxs1100efe with a done a exhaust system)I ended up hating the bike due to handling woes(16"front wheel) but it always loved how it sounded.
:whistling:

Sethbot Postwhore

Yoda

@gsxbarmy I can see what your saying and on the face of it they do look like they reduce the airflow potentially strangling and limiting the performance. I ran quills before I purchased the campbells and had both setups dynoed  there was a marked increase in BHP with the campbells currently sitting at just under 120BHP at the rear wheel not the crank. Performance and the smoothness doesn't seem to be compromised quite the reverse? I have to say that I didn't purchase them for more BHP my driving ability couldn't  accomindate it I just liked the look of them and the build quality is excellent.
I do acknowledge that they are not to everyone's taste but for me they are the muts nuts. IMO  :onya:

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Yoda on Monday, 29 October  2018, 02:20 AM
@gsxbarmy I can see what your saying and on the face of it they do look like they reduce the airflow potentially strangling and limiting the performance. I ran quills before I purchased the campbells and had both setups dynoed  there was a marked increase in BHP with the campbells currently sitting at just under 120BHP at the rear wheel not the crank. Performance and the smoothness doesn't seem to be compromised quite the reverse? I have to say that I didn't purchase them for more BHP my driving ability couldn't  accomindate it I just liked the look of them and the build quality is excellent.
I do acknowledge that they are not to everyone's taste but for me they are the muts nuts. IMO  :onya:

Then again I only had the twin pipes each side on my Allan, whereas of course yours has the 3 cans each side so may give the better flow. As you say though each to their own
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Gkjnr

How come this has went from me asking for a parts list for fitting a gsxr seat unit to campbell exhausts?

seth

@Gkjnr
Probably due to @Yoda is the only person on here that's fitted a gsxr seat unit.
He might be able offer more info on what is required and involved to fit the seat unit .
:cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

Sweaty

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 25 October  2018, 07:09 PM
Those bloody Campbells upset me, please dont show again. ive tried lots to justify the cost.

I would blame it all on Grog  :stir: :grin:

Sweaty

Quote from: Gkjnr on Thursday, 01 November  2018, 07:48 AM
How come this has went from me asking for a parts list for fitting a gsxr seat unit to campbell exhausts?

Yes, its very strange. I have never known a thread to go off track on here before  :whistling:

Yoda

Hi Gkjnr happy to help if needed

Kiwifruit

Some on here are old and forget where they started.  :whistling:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

OK, just blame me. Sometimes i get lost on threads. Sorry fellas. BTW, i do like that seat.  :rofl2:

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Andre

AndyB

That GSXR seat conversion looks  f#*☆in  brilliant....so is the rest of the bike .great work :hat:
Bikes , beer , blondes ........& Bacon🤣😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk