News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Remove the PAIRS System

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 07 February 2017, 11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

I've no idea but I can only think as it's not the exhaust that came from the factory Suzuki UK and others got these from yoshi and had the link pipes made up to suit the can must fit other bikes that have a cat .
The emissions are supposedly reduced by the pairs system .
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Jeykey

Never done the PAIRS mod. Asked the guy at my work to cnc the covers; drawing from the downloads section. Read all of this thread and others covering the system. Just for tries, can I just tape the hose port from inside the air box ? I´ll be using good industrial metallic tape.

Eric GSX1400K3

You'd be better off just folding the hose back on itself and zip tying it off. I removed the actual reed valve from underside the cover plate in case it breaks and falls off into the valve train. Never bothered with cnc'd cover plates.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Jeykey

OK, thanks for the reply. Even for a blast, I´ll remove the valves, you never know, shit happens !

Hooli

just unplug the vacuum hose from no3 throttle body & plug it so that cylinder doesn't run lean. Without the vacuum the PAIRS will never function so you can feel the difference.

grog

Hooli, from memory, valve is held closed with vacuum, intake from air box is what needs blocking.

seth

I just screwed a bolt into the hole in the airbox think a m6 (May have been a different size but it was very slightly larger than the hole) cut it's own thread as I put it and sealed it perfectly 
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Tony Nitrous

I've never seen any good reason why you can't just blank it off with it still in place,  that seems fine and a temporary version should always be done on the dyno if you're looking at the A/F sniffer reading. The Busa guys often just put a marble in the pipe.

Personally I do remove them as I just prefer not having the crap left in there (although the one on my 14 was already done before the last owners PC111 Dyno mapping)

Hooli

Quote from: grog on Friday, 03 June  2022, 08:31 AM
Hooli, from memory, valve is held closed with vacuum, intake from air box is what needs blocking.

I've not checked how it works so you might well be right. I'd assumed it worked the same as EGR, but it's a guess really.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk