News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Fit an Aftermarket Undertray

Started by gsxbarmy, Monday, 06 February 2017, 01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistedRider

Thanks gsxbarmy.

I think i can visualize what i need now.

I'm also replacing the stock indicators with much lighter after market units.. so load on the Plate holder should be somewhat reduced

Athelstanexxx

Just did this installation, and to prevent the vibrations to detach the license plate from the undertray here is the hidden set of metal parts I installed
A big thank you to the guy who highlighted the risk of vibrations, reading his post before the installation I was able to solve that.
Now a plastic piece carefully cut and bent is placed under the seat to hyde all the metals
Fabio
Proud owner of a K3 GSX1400 now K6++ as look

Phill P

I did this today with an ermax undertray, instructions useless and just used what I'd seen here.

Tally

I had to do mine when the reg plate holder snapped off. The original mounting point as gsxbarmy once quoted "it's flimsy ". I ordered a new one from Ermax ,when it arrived I noticed it had a new and revised mounting point. (Must have took note of all the sh#t complaints).Also with the undertray a tail tidy and number plate light. Remounting it was relatively easy, remove seat , tail section,RH shock , slide in UT and reverse process, (note!! do not lose the metal tangs from the old UT, you will need to re-use them). I also took the advice of fitting a metal plate to the inside of the UT to add strength and take the strain off the plastics. Photos (hopefully)

Tally

Hopefully the other pics........yay!!!😎😎

Phill P

My ermax undertray tray came with two number plate holders,one very shallow almost horizontal and the other more uk acceptable. Cut the mounting point off the horizontal version and used it as a backing plate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk