Who fancies a 24 litre (5.25 UK gallon) tank

Started by Speedy1959, Monday, 25 September 2017, 04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 22 January  2018, 11:20 PM
Well done Col...
when I did mine I stuffed a piece of foam into the neck of the filler to keep the fumes to a minimum just in case I did make a spark..

But as a science friend said to me..
Fill the tank and do the mod..
If the tank is filled then there is no room for the vapour to collect.

As you brave souls (who have done the mod) have said..
It does no major damage and you dont even need to mention it if you sell the bike..

I have done this mod to many different bikes over the past 3 years...

Glad it was a help to those who have done the mod.
on my way out to the garage as my tank is off ready for its trip for repair and spraying on Thursday so big hammer here I come  :smile2: :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Notty

Quote from: Notty on Tuesday, 23 January  2018, 12:22 AM
Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 22 January  2018, 11:20 PM
Well done Col...
when I did mine I stuffed a piece of foam into the neck of the filler to keep the fumes to a minimum just in case I did make a spark..

But as a science friend said to me..
Fill the tank and do the mod..
If the tank is filled then there is no room for the vapour to collect.

As you brave souls (who have done the mod) have said..
It does no major damage and you dont even need to mention it if you sell the bike..

I have done this mod to many different bikes over the past 3 years...

Glad it was a help to those who have done the mod.
on my way out to the garage as my tank is off ready for its trip for repair and spraying on Thursday so big hammer here I come  :smile2: :smile2:

Surprising it didn't take more force - will have to wait a few months before the bike is back on the road after the winter mods ! cheers Simon  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Speedy1959

Welcome to the "club" Notty.
Your visits to the petrol station will be a brief affair now..
Thats a good thing if your refueling but pretty bad if the cashier is a fit wench !!
:grin:

grog

one light flashing tonight, 20k ride in morning, time for a refill. will see what diff. the hole makes. excited i am. how much is petrol where you blokes live. here, 91 is $1.49, 98 is $1.69. per litre.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

seth

http://www.fuel-prices-europe.info/chart-europe.php

this doesn't show fuel price in the upside down part of the world but does for this half of the world.
currently shows @Blubber pays the most for petrol .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Andre

Haven't had 91 RON in ages here. Minimum is 95.

Always get 98 RON ethanol-free. Prices vary strongly during the day at the same station.

At the moment (one of the cheaper times of the day):
98 Premium 1,46 €
95 E5 1,34 €

91 was $1:97.9 nzd = 1,18 €
91 is $1.49 AU = 0,97 €
98 is $1.69 AU = 1,11 €

Andre

Quote from: seth on Tuesday, 23 January  2018, 08:18 PM

As I live right at the border I see many filler-upper "tourist" from the Netherlands. Used to be the other way around. Lots of people here got a diesel and filled up there. My uncle had the cheapest diesel as he used heating oil. Even cheaper as he worked as truck driver picking the stuff up at the refinery. He may have got it for free ... :whistling:

Blubber

http://www.fuel-prices-europe.info/chart-europe.php

this doesn't show fuel price in the upside down part of the world but does for this half of the world.

Can't be right.. i always put €25 worth of fuel in the tank  :tongue:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

seth

blubbers problem is he's nearer to the uk than germany but would have to get a ferry.
@Andre you'd be better heading for a short run to Luxembourg as fuel is much cheaper there  :cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

Blubber

Quote from: seth on Tuesday, 23 January  2018, 09:07 PM
blubbers problem is he's nearer to the uk than germany but would have to get a ferry.
@Andre you'd be better heading for a short run to Luxembourg as fuel is much cheaper there  :cheers:

If fuel economy was high on my eco list  :whistling:.. i probably would NOT be riding a 14  or driving a V70 with a N/A 2.4L .
Whilst they both have a decent range.. it's mainly due to the fuel cell size  :facepalm:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

seth

me too as i come over 3-4 times a year fuel is what it is
just interesting to compare prices .
i think they are averages for each country so can vary wildly between different fuel stations locally.

Sethbot Postwhore

Andre

Quote from: seth on Tuesday, 23 January  2018, 09:07 PM

You'll burn more than you save unless you hitch up a tank trailer  :happy1: NOT

It's about 125 km one way for me. Just a nice trip to there and then round and about LUX. Half a tank is plenty to get me there, fill her up, ride around, fill her up again and head home. Guess that will save me up to 10€ in fuel and then a goodly amount on tobacco (if I still smoke then).  :smoke: :facepalm:

grog

Filled up this morn, 2nd time with larger breather hole. Just so much easier, hardly any air bubbles. Only just had gauge flashing and fitted 19 litres easily. I think 24 a def. possibility. Great mod Speedy. 👏

lil4399

Quote from: Andre on Tuesday, 23 January  2018, 08:43 PM

As I live right at the border I see many filler-upper "tourist" from the Netherlands. Used to be the other way around. Lots of people here got a diesel and filled up there. My uncle had the cheapest diesel as he used heating oil. Even cheaper as he worked as truck driver picking the stuff up at the refinery. He may have got it for free ... :whistling:

When I lived in Wales we had several restaurants in work so I collected the old chip oil and converted to biofuel by the methanol process. Even used it in my BMW engined Range Rover but it regularly ate the in-tank fuel pump.
If you are going to run out of fuel, do it in your garage.

It's only a short walk to the kettle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk