News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Undertray Mod

Started by Mrg, Thursday, 02 February 2017, 06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrg

This is a link to a YouTube video and its starts from your old  under tray being converted to a tidy tail

There is a piece that is put into the back of the tray that is plastic welded with a soldering iron & aluminium mesh then shaped & sanded with carbon fibre filler. 

It is then rubbed down and painted to your choice of colour

Hope you like it and it helps you tidy your back end up for the summer

look check and look again  then you see the fool

froudy

Looks a good mod :onya:

I keep thinking about doing this, but as I ride motorways a lot I reckon I'd get a very wet back in the rain ???
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

gsxbarmy

I do have instructions for modding your tail tidy to fit an aftermarket one (like Ermax) which I will post up as I get round to uploading all the techie articles I have - if anyone wants it in the interim, do pm me
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Basil Brush

Quote from: froudy on Thursday, 02 February  2017, 09:47 PM
Looks a good mod :onya:

I keep thinking about doing this, but as I ride motorways a lot I reckon I'd get a very wet back in the rain ???

I have one fitted - do not do wet weather riding. Last time I got caught out. Missus Brush was passenger. I was well in the doghouse. I was clean as a whistle. Missus on the other hand...
He who laugh's last - laugh's last...

seth

looking forward to all the info you have getting posted dave
must be a massive job collating everything

:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

gsxbarmy

Quote from: seth on Friday, 03 February  2017, 02:43 AM
looking forward to all the info you have getting posted dave
must be a massive job collating everything

:cheers:

Getting there Seth, have send a load of articles down to Mike today for uploading here which Mike will process over the weekend - but still got quite a few to do, so will be working with Mike over the next few weeks to get it all done and uploaded. But worthwhile for sure, as, as I've been recreating the articles, I've been able to reword and focus it all back so it gives a readable article, and Mike and I have some ideas for how we can make it available here, both on the screen and also as downloads.

But yes collating it all - ye gods...!!!!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Mrg

well at least we will have it on both

here and the other site

so both are a good back up for each other

so all good in the end  :coffeescreen:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk