Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Another day tomorrow Snapey. Nice colours. We used to flog those old 350 back in 1972. Only prob was one day a chain came off in front of me, i was nearly two people.

Tony Nitrous

Chain adjustment on a single sided arm.

I'm sold !

Slacken 2 x 10mm clamp Allen key screws, turn the hub, re-tighten the Allen key screws.

Makes traditional chain adjustment look complicated and hard work.

grog

Agree Tony. My 1977 Darmah was so easy, undo 2 clamp bolts, turn at swing arm pivot, a few dollars tool needed, check chain and tighten clamp bolts. That was 42 yrs ago. Diavel also very easy, just one tool needs buying, $30. Having said all that, chain on 14 been on just over 14 th ks, never needed adjust yet.

Snapey

I put the final coat of clear on the CL350 tank & side covers & then made a heat shield for the header pipes. There's still lots to be done but it's getting there.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Irish in Oz

@Snapey  That got to be more comfortable than the Katana even without the seat.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Bob

My wife picked up my frame and wheels from powder coasters, I got in from work at 6 straight to the van for a look, what a fuckin mess, the stuff will be back to then Monday  :furious:  :jack:'s

Andre

I heard many disappointing reports about powder coating. Not something I plan to ever have done. :thumbs_down:

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Andre on Saturday, 05 October  2019, 07:05 AM
I heard many disappointing reports about powder coating. Not something I plan to ever have done. :thumbs_down:

You need the right person to be doing it.

I've been disappointed in the past, but have also found folk who are brilliant. They need to be folk who understand and love bikes, prep work, blanking threads etc etc and take pride in their work. There are places who do show standard bike work, but others who do it alongside garden gates, pool fencing and mundane low quality stuff.

https://www.robertoscustompowder.com.au/gallery-moto/

Speedy1959

I had my wheels powder coated Red and I dont have any complaints.. They have stood up to 15,000 miles of use with no ill effects..
The only blemish on them is on the rear wheel along the outer edge where a gorilla using a tyre machine without plastic protectors scraped the edge away!!
I might take that wheel in to be redone during this coming winter....
But I have used a touch up paint along the edge and its not noticeable so I might not even bother !

grog

I had some wheels powdercoated 30 yrs ago, perfect. Surely theyre better now.

Bob

The place that did my bits was the go too powdercoaters many years ago, but they are only as good as their operators tho and Stevie Wonder could of made a better job than the idiot that thought the job was acceptable, they pulled a quick one as while my wife paid the other stuffed the parts into the back of my van

Hooli

I took mine to meet a local advanced riding group. I'm considering joining & doing the test so I guess I'm getting old...

They told me exactly what I already knew was wrong with my riding, could be better position wise & I'm impatient. So I guess I'm at least self-aware.

Speedy1959

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 06 October  2019, 03:16 AM
I took mine to meet a local advanced riding group. I'm considering joining & doing the test so I guess I'm getting old...

They told me exactly what I already knew was wrong with my riding, could be better position wise & I'm impatient. So I guess I'm at least self-aware.

That means Hooli that your the latest T100 Terminator !!

Hooli

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Sunday, 06 October  2019, 03:27 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 06 October  2019, 03:16 AM

That means Hooli that your the latest T100 Terminator !!

T77 Me lad, before they installed the accent to make me seem scarier.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk