Vlad's K7 GSX1400 "Back in Black"

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 20 January 2017, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

Being an expatriate for an extensive period is a great education and eye opener. Can't fault the people who haven't been there! Can't fault us who come back and see their home country with different eyes either.

I do follow three 14 forums. This one and 2 German forums. The reason why there are two German forums is that there was contention which split the guys up. I was told this by the guy who sold me some near new original end cans for very low €s. He said that he was only staying on the forum to sell/buy when the need arises as he despises contention and intrigues. I was new to the forums then but found strong evidence to what he said (and then some). Now I am a lurker only in these forums. Plenty of things there that put me off. The pinnacle was a PM I got from one of the more active members (with a giant stick up his ass) which was a clear call to join the gang of intrigants and showed me how they go about weakening the forum by obvious conspirative actions.

The gsx1400owners forum is LIGHT-YEARS  above these forums when it comes to common decency and living, howbeit mostly virtual, in harmony with each other.

I am confident that if I would meet the lot of you I will not be disappointed!

Red Biker

Nice words Andre, a little goodwill goes a long way  :cheers:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Kiwifruit

Andre, your last sentence hits it on the head for me.
Its a forum that is bound together by our love and enjoyment of one model of motorcycle but it also allows us a freedom to discuss wider issues that crop up in our lives.
Just a good place, l enjoy it  :onya:

Now l must be getting on, gotta take my curlers out put my stilettos on do my make up on, then get din dins on.....bye  :embarrassed:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

Felling lucky Col?  Got the 6" stilettos on tonight have ya?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Sweaty

After the curlers, stilettos & makeup are on, are you sure din dins is what you do next Col  :whistling:  :grin:

Andre

VladTepes

OK, I count today a success.

There was a break in the recent rainy weather - a sunny morning with dry roads... so I got out, albeit briefly, on the bike!

Took it to the servo - only a km or so - running a tad rough & no rear brake.

I had about 1/4 tank so I topped it off with 98 ROM premium - that supposedly has injector cleaners in it....  and that seemed to do the job. I set the tyre pressure correctly (front was at 34.. ).
Rear brake issue was sorted by just leaning on the brake whilst riding. which must have cleared the rotors/pads of some shit in there from reassembly / washing.. 

Being back on the bike was... sublime!  That acceleration! That noise!

I did a bit of gentle riding and suburban corners to start gradually wearing the shine off the tyres. Drove around Sandgate area and the tide was very high due to recent full moon. Went to a seaside park and there were large pools of salt water on the road so naturally I elected not to take the nice clean bike through those !

Saw the sky darkening and wasn't keen to ride in the slippery stuff until the tyres are a bit more worn in, so I headed home and got her in the garage just as the rain began to fall.

Only 18 kilometres of riding but after six months off the road both the bike and I are happy again !!!!!   :boogie: :boogie2: :boogie: :boogie2: :boogie: :boogie2: :boogie:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

ARH

Great to hear you're back on 2 wheels Vlad! :cheers:

Red Biker

Good news Blad, I've not ridden since end of Nov and it's tough already !!
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

lloydjames

Good to hear it Vlad. Been off mine for about a year now and wont see it again to complete the rebuild for at least another 4... Its killing me  :thumbs_down:

grog

Well done Vlad, it takes a while to get comfy again. Few yrs ago had a compulsory lay off, only 8 weeks, i thought the bloody bike had grown for first couple of rides.

KiwiCol

That's a bloody long time lloydjames, you'll need 'L' plates again after 5 years.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

seth

Quote from: lloydjames on Monday, 05 February  2018, 10:19 AM
Good to hear it Vlad. Been off mine for about a year now and wont see it again to complete the rebuild for at least another 4... Its killing me  :thumbs_down:

4 more years to rebuild it
do you need a hand with anything as happy to help
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

lloydjames

Quote from: seth on Monday, 05 February  2018, 06:27 PM
Quote from: lloydjames on Monday, 05 February  2018, 10:19 AM

4 more years to rebuild it
do you need a hand with anything as happy to help

That was supposed to be 4 months  :whistling:  :lol: Thanks anyway.

Sent away yet again with work . At least it gives me time to internet shop for new goodies

Kiwifruit

I was thinkin you must be being cared for by Her Majesty Lloyd  :stir:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk