News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Yet another "Which Tyre" thread.

Started by VladTepes, Thursday, 11 February 2021, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast1400

Hey all,

This information will only be useful to sports riders, but I can absolutely recommend Bridgestone BT016 Pro's.

I only ride solo & run 36/40psi - 42psi wears a little better but 40psi grips better. If I want tyres to wear, i'll drive my car thanks. There's not much between you and the scenery, so you want to make sure you don't end up a part of it!

Photos attached after 5,000kms (in case they help?).

Eric GSX1400K3

Another Bridgestone fan here, I run T031's at 36/40 with no issues at all.  Great tyres IMHO.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Notty

Bridgestone T32's transformed the bike  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

grog

My tyre advice, if you like what you have, just use them.

Tony Nitrous

I was using aftermarket S22's on my Kwak. I was pretty surprised by them. Fair play they were voted Sportsbike Tyre of the year, and then joint winner in consecutive years. What was an eye opener was you don't need to be star rider to benefit, they let even unskilled numb nuts like me get away with so much.

They won't suit folk who put in big miles or all weather but for a Sunday toy fun bike they really are good.

My Suzuki came with S22's but it's been proven many times OEM factory fitted tyres are rarely the same as what looks like similar aftermarket ones, the compounds, manufacturing and even the amount of ply can be different despite them looking similar.

Tyres are a quite personal thing but S22's are my choice at the moment.

GSXKING

Quote from: Fast1400 on Thursday, 19 May  2022, 10:08 PM
Hey all,

This information will only be useful to sports riders, but I can absolutely recommend Bridgestone BT016 Pro's.

I only ride solo & run 36/40psi - 42psi wears a little better but 40psi grips better. If I want tyres to wear, i'll drive my car thanks. There's not much between you and the scenery, so you want to make sure you don't end up a part of it!

Photos attached after 5,000kms (in case they help?).

Are you scrapping your footpegs @Fast1400 using tyre from edge to edge ?  :boogie2:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

gmars70970

Are Bridgestone the most common choice for the GSX ?
I've been running Dunlop Roadsmart 2 for a few years but fancy a change.

What Bridgestones would everyone recommend ?

Fast1400

@GSXKING footpegs no, but exhaust bolts and covers yes!
No longer, thanks to my new shocks😀

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Fast1400 on Wednesday, 08 June  2022, 04:59 PM
@GSXKING footpegs no, but exhaust bolts and covers yes!
No longer, thanks to my new shocks😀

I've seen a few 14's that have ground the bolts on the bottom right hand engine mount.  It's not that rare.   Longer shocks or Jack up spacers stop it though.

grog

Maybe im old n slow, all i wear out is sides of my boots, annoying, just means replacing good boots. Maybe i need to tuck them in a bit closer to inside.

AndyB

I got a rear puncture on Wednesday in my angel....and could only get a Bridgestone 23 duel compound sports/tourer to replace it.....still have an angel on the front..only ridden in the dry but no complaints on grip and lean so far...
Bikes , beer , blondes ........& Bacon🤣😎

Hooli

I've got 023 on my Hornet as it came with them and so did my Sprint.

Can't fault them but they turn a bit heavier and wear a bit faster than my preferred Avon Storm.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: AndyB on Sunday, 12 June  2022, 06:18 PM
I got a rear puncture on Wednesday in my angel....and could only get a Bridgestone 23 duel compound sports/tourer to replace it.....still have an angel on the front..only ridden in the dry but no complaints on grip and lean so far...

I just purchased a new set of Angel 2 but only put the front on as the rear 023 has plenty of tread, seems to but working OK.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: gmars70970 on Tuesday, 07 June  2022, 09:29 PM

What Bridgestones would everyone recommend ?

The triple compound BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22.

Ridiculously good.

Irish in Oz

My mate has them on his 1000SX, but they can't be any better than my GT2 & 023 because he still can't get near me on the twisties.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk