News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Post a Pic of your Bike..

Started by Yetiman, Tuesday, 06 September 2022, 09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Very nice BD
Why did you revert back to the standard 6 pots ?
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

BlueDragon

I heard so much about the 4 pots being better, that I just went out and bought a set and serviced them and found that they were very good. 

The original 6 pots were badly in need of a full service, but the 4 pots I got were cheaper than buying the piston kit and seals etc

But then decided I would go to the expense of buying all new piston and seal kit for the 6 pots and repainted them etc.  Mainly because I liked the look of the 6 pots better.  While I had no complaints with the 4 pots, they just looked small on a big bike.

The fully serviced 6 pots performed better that the 4 pots that I also fully serviced. So I've stayed with the 6 pots

I still have the 4 pots and the new pads I bought for them.  Keeping them just for spares.. 

Hooli

The chat here about 4-pots being better has always made me chuckle, especially as on forums for bikes that used the 4-pots as standard (like the Triumph Sprint) they always swapped to the 6-pots as they are better...

Of course they are better when you fit freshly serviced calipers in exchange for seized up manky ones.

grog

Good info BD. Ive seen all the 4 pot talk, just done up my 6 pots, good enough for me.

Kiwifruit

Same Hooli, I'm well happy with my standard brakes. Only complaint is the slow speed ticking which I've been lazy about fixing. Someone here suggested a little silicone on the edge of the pad to stop them moving in the caliper. The lightest of lever pressure shuts the noise up.

Hooli

Aye kiwifruit, that's one reason I didn't like EBC pads, they seem a touch undersize & tick louder.

I did once on another forum see someone had machined the wear off that bit of the caliper & fitted a small plate to bring it back to the correct size. I know if the wear gets too uneven from the pads ticking they can stick slightly on the ridges & I think that's how bad his were.

Irish in Oz

Anyone know where I can get a set of 8 pot calipers to fit my 14.

Notty

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 29 March  2023, 09:27 PMAnyone know where I can get a set of 8 pot calipers to fit my 14.
2 x 4pots would do it  :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

MickyJB

2008 Special Edition model, Australia.

Not a single mark blemish scratch on it with 38,000 kilometres on the odometer

Beautiful !!! This one's a keeper with the XJR1300 .. my son can inherit them.
Mick
08 Special Edition
Ulysses 69619

GSXKING

Great find Micky was it a stealership purchase ? Or previous owner ? :cheers:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Kiwifruit

Thats a beauty alright, well done Mick.

MickyJB

Quote from: GSXKING on Sunday, 31 March  2024, 12:23 PMGreat find Micky was it a stealership purchase ? Or previous owner ? :cheers:

Previous owner, 👍
Mick
08 Special Edition
Ulysses 69619

Yetiman

Ultramagnus

Quote from: BlueDragon on Tuesday, 28 March  2023, 05:25 PMIMG_6949(1).jpg

IMG_6958(2).jpg

Very nice!

Where did you get that headlight fairing?

I'm looking for something like that...

BlueDragon

Bought it from Aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001793382201.html

Then when I decided to respray my bike, I just stripped all the paint off and resprayed it to suit the paint scheme I wanted.

I've still got to get around to painting up all the spares I have with a different paint scheme, as I have a complete set of spare body parts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk