Heading South

Started by Kiwifruit, Monday, 15 November 2021, 08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Late lunch at Havelock. Lots of bikes about for a Movember Ride.
Coppers enjoying the trade, they've dropped the speed limits from 100 to 80 and 80 to 60. Nearly fell from the bike dozing off.
Went the market in Nelson this morning and spotted this. Amazing work   :clapping:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Kiwifruit

Queen Charlotte Sound great views but the roads been badly knocked about.
Queen Charlotte Sound
Picton where you get on and off the ferry.
Some nice tin in the carpark at the motel. The red one has a 427cu supercharged Corvette engine in it. Over 600hp at the wheels and 1200 fb lb of torque he says. Will ask more about it tomorrow on the ferry.
I'm on the ferry at 7.45am. The weather has closed in so made the call to head home. Sounds like the winds getting up too.

GSXKING

For your info Col @Kiwifruit the pics are showing up really well on my Laptop. Stunning scenery  :drool: :drool:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

Agree Chris. Great camera Col, looking on 32inch monitor, stunning.

Kiwifruit

Thanks guys. Seeing them on a phone just cannot do the scenery justice.
Rolled in home at 7.00 this evening. I have paperwork that has backed up so I can now get that sorted.
Another reason for changing my ferry crossing was that I had managed to stay ahead of some bad weather that was coming up the coast.
I enjoy having management with me on some of these trips and I'd like to share these experiences and places with her. She was very supportive of me heading to see my son his partner and the grandies at the bottom of the South Island. I look forward to trekking off back down there in February or March.
The ferry was chocca heading back today but only 3 bikes.
Mt Ruapehu in the central North Island was visible today , wife always likes a snap of her mountain.
I hope the photos have given you a taste of what is on show in our great little country at the bottom of the planet. I was well received everywhere l went and met some great people along the way.
Interestingly the 14 was a great conversation starter, some old fellas reminiscing of days when they rode motorcycles. A chap with terminal cancer telling me he missed his bike as his missus made him sell it. He had a good laugh when I said the bike shops are open again on Monday.
Came out of a supermarket and a big Maori fella carrying a music stand, a guitar on his back and a bag says "nice bike", I reply "nice guitar" he says "wanna swap" I say "na, you can ride my bike but I can't play your guitar" good chat followed.
A bloke with a loaded bike enjoying his travels is the envy of many....... men and women.
After putting her back in the shed I patted her tank and thanked her for 3720 kms of faultless running and enjoyment in some pretty trying conditions.
Cheers  :cheers: ya all.

KiwiCol

Well done Col, you did well to stay ahead of the wet on the coast, lot of slips & closures over there, Dave Barmy knows what that's like too.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 29 November  2021, 02:29 AM
Dave Barmy knows what that's like too.

All too well Col sadly!!!!!! Still remember that 10 hour drive from the Franz Josef glacier all the way down to the South and then back up to Christchurch!!!!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Kiwifruit

Toughen up Barmy.......some people do that to get a bottle of milk  :stir:

GSXKING

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 28 November  2021, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys. Seeing them on a phone just cannot do the scenery justice.
Rolled in home at 7.00 this evening. I have paperwork that has backed up so I can now get that sorted.
Another reason for changing my ferry crossing was that I had managed to stay ahead of some bad weather that was coming up the coast.
I enjoy having management with me on some of these trips and I'd like to share these experiences and places with her. She was very supportive of me heading to see my son his partner and the grandies at the bottom of the South Island. I look forward to trekking off back down there in February or March.
The ferry was chocca heading back today but only 3 bikes.
Mt Ruapehu in the central North Island was visible today , wife always likes a snap of her mountain.
I hope the photos have given you a taste of what is on show in our great little country at the bottom of the planet. I was well received everywhere l went and met some great people along the way.
Interestingly the 14 was a great conversation starter, some old fellas reminiscing of days when they rode motorcycles. A chap with terminal cancer telling me he missed his bike as his missus made him sell it. He had a good laugh when I said the bike shops are open again on Monday.
Came out of a supermarket and a big Maori fella carrying a music stand, a guitar on his back and a bag says "nice bike", I reply "nice guitar" he says "wanna swap" I say "na, you can ride my bike but I can't play your guitar" good chat followed.
A bloke with a loaded bike enjoying his travels is the envy of many....... men and women.
After putting her back in the shed I patted her tank and thanked her for 3720 kms of faultless running and enjoyment in some pretty trying conditions.
Cheers  :cheers: ya all.

It was a very informative tale of your travels Col. Riding a motorcycle in the country side is very enjoyable. Bobbie has expressed an interest in riding from North to South of NZ if we're ever allowed to travel again. (Thanks WUFLU)  :cheers:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk