News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

GSX1400 Model History

Started by gsxbarmy, Friday, 19 January 2018, 02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

:doh: do you know me  :stir:
I was 18 1/2stone now I'm
13 1/2 stone .
I do know what you mean tho
Reducing the weight of the bike will make it slightly quicker accelerating (maybe)
A lighter bike will use less fuel (depending on riding style)
Slightly better on fuel (perhaps) and the  handling easier to it throw about (possibly)
But as you say after all the weight saving a big fat b*****d gets on it or in my case load them up with luggage making the weight saving redundant  .

I was mainly just saying about the standard dry weights between models of gsx1400 .

:cheers:

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

KiwiCol

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Sunday, 25 March  2018, 02:50 PM
Seth..
Before I come out with my following statement I must stress this IS aimed at you - ya fat bastard !!! :rofl2:

On the various bike meet ups I go to I overhear many guys going on about how their new super loud carbon can has saved 4kg and the carbon brake levers and other accessories have save them maybe another 2kg . . . . . .
Then I notice that on average the people claiming the weight saving are 20+ stone fat bastards.
The piffling weight saving they reckon they have made is neither here nor there!!
If they were serious about their bikes weight they would lay off the burgers and booze !!
Agree Speedy.  I'm a 'fat bastard' & don't see any sense in trying to reduce the bikes weight when it's way easier if I had just 1 pie not 2.  Weight reduction for bikes must be more for racing than road riding I reckon.

BTW, I took a liberty with your quote!   :happy1:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Also agree. Our bikes are big n heavy. Never worries me. Always liked big bikes. Found rocket 3 a bit too much, not riding but parking, moving around. Pre planning def required. One pie less, a great statement, one beer less, never.

Kiwifruit

Bit harsh Speedy.......i was going to get some shorter titanium screws for my tailight lens. :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Red Biker

Circumcission, did save me a couple of Kg so well worth it  :onya:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Red Biker on Monday, 26 March  2018, 04:44 AM
Circumcission, did save me a couple of Kg so well worth it  :onya:

Lol.....did you get rid of all ya small change when you paid for it ??  :stir:

seth

To be fair you could make the gsx1400 a flying machine by only putting in a half tank of fuel as a max that's 22kg off the weight.
Unfortunately you'd need massive belle to ride it that fast all the time so could add all the weight back .
:stir:

Sethbot Postwhore

Speedy1959

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Monday, 26 March  2018, 02:33 AM
Bit harsh Speedy.......i was going to get some shorter titanium screws for my tailight lens. :facepalm:

Brilliant kiwifruit...
I saw a guy today on a certain Suzuki (not a GSX) and I really am not joking.. He must have been around 30 stone..
He bought 2 cheeseburgers and a tea with 4 sugars...
I like my food but surely when you look in the mirror there are tell tail warning signs??

Oh Seth.. Well done you for losing all that weight.
I constantly have to watch what I eat so I know how hard it is to keep your Adonis like physique..
Seriously, well done mate.

KiwiCol

2 sml cheese burgers (I assume they were McDonalds) won't hurt, but a tea with 4 sugars???   Man has problem there . . .

seth

I remember burgers and tea with sugar  :facepalm:

Sethbot Postwhore

Kiwifruit

Quote from: seth on Monday, 26 March  2018, 07:40 AM
I remember burgers and tea with sugar  :facepalm:
[/quot5e]

Stop your moaning and eat your carrot sticks !!

KiwiCol

Who wants to live for another 10 years if you have to eat "bird seed & lime jiuce" to do it?    You may or may not live longer, but it'll certianly feel longer!    :whatever:
Life is for living & enjoying, we're only here a short time really, so enjoy yourself.  Just don't go to extremes.  Can't see the point in being a 'good looking corpse'  I want to get the most out of this shell & I'll use it to it's max till it's completely buggered.
Right, where's the beers & a nice T bone, egg & chips?  :cheers: :onya:

lawrie

Well, I'm 18 stone, but not overweight you understand,  I AM however, 2 ft too short, AND, I've stopped taking sugar in my coffee, only sweeteners for me nowadays.

A fella has to try, right???
I DO have to grow old, I DO NOT have to grow up.

Mister Fishfinger

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 26 March  2018, 09:42 AM
Who wants to live for another 10 years if you have to eat "bird seed & lime jiuce" to do it?    You may or may not live longer, but it'll certianly feel longer!    :whatever:
Life is for living & enjoying, we're only here a short time really, so enjoy yourself.  Just don't go to extremes.  Can't see the point in being a 'good looking corpse'  I want to get the most out of this shell & I'll use it to it's max till it's completely buggered.

For some people, their body is a temple. I think of mine more like an amusement park.

Blubber

Quote from: Mister Fishfinger on Wednesday, 28 March  2018, 02:30 AM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 26 March  2018, 09:42 AM

For some people, their body is a temple. I think of mine more like an amusement park.

Ripley 's believe it or not.... Kinda amusement?
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk