News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Monday, 23 September  2019, 12:13 PM
Quote from: gsxbarmy on Monday, 23 September  2019, 06:06 AM
As a Tiger 1200 owner, I have to agree that the Triumph, BMW etc Enduro bikes will never win on looks. But that's not the point of them - they are built for comfort, ease of maintenance and practicality. And they do that in spades.

Before buying mine, I also looked at the Suzuki, Kawasaki Versys, BMW GS and Ducati.

- V-Strom was nice but really needed an update
- Versys - did everything I asked of it but was just boring to ride
- Ducati - loved the Interstrada. But servicing costs were incredibly high plus you could only buy rear tyres from Ducati and they have a reputation fir eating them
- BMW GS - more flickable through the bends than the Triumph but a lot more expensive than the Triumph as were the accessories
- Triumph Tiger - good handling, electric suspension, electric screen

At the end of the day it was between the Triumph and BMW. Triumph had the more advanced features than the Beemer, so Triumph it was. Never regretted my decision.

Have you tried the Africa Twin?

I didn't test one at the time Tony as a few owners were reporting some issues (this was in 2016). However my mate bought one recently and absolutely loves it, issues seem all to have been sorted. I've yet to try one, but given I'm now getting on in years (64), I might be looking to change to something a bit lighter next year and that is top of the list to try, I also want to look at the 2020 model Triumph Tiger 800 as rumour has it, it has been completely revamped and re-modelled and possibly may come with a 900cc engine.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

Year b4 last mate got a Ducati Multistrada. Was thinking the best. He hated it for lots of reasons. He fell off in a bush track, not that much damage. Parts werent available, they wrote it off. He now has Honda Africa which he loves.

GSXKING

I do like the look of the Africa Twin but the seat height is a stretch in the crotch  :confused1: :confused1:

Suzuki V-Strom is a very nice all rounder like our GSX1400's. I do like the look of the Blue one.  :drool: :drool: Not sure if it's still the same motor as my TL1000S all those years ago  :doh:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: GSXKING on Tuesday, 24 September  2019, 05:32 PM
I do like the look of the Africa Twin but the seat height is a stretch in the crotch  :confused1: :confused1:

Suzuki V-Strom is a very nice all rounder like our GSX1400's. I do like the look of the Blue one.  :drool: :drool: Not sure if it's still the same motor as my TL1000S all those years ago  :doh:

I'm guessing it's closer to the SV1000 than the TL1000 going by the one I tried.

The new 2020 Africa Twin interests me...

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/honda-africa-twin-2020/

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

GSXKING

Washed & polished my 2005 BMW R1200RT (my other bike  :facepalm:). 94,000km's just about run in LOL.  :rofl2:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

KiwiCol

Very nice Chris.  I like those too, but I just don't fit properly on them, however I do fit the K1600  :drool: like a glove. :smitten:  Could be something in that down the road a bit . . .  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

stick3

just fitted a new battery the old one lasted 11 years

Speedy1959

I do like the look of those BMW 1200RT's..
They look a very "complete" bike and very comfortable.

Snapey

Not the 1400 but the CL350 I'm restoring.

Some days I should stay in bed ... today was one of them. It started well with the rebuilt 350 starting for the first time & sounding great. While adjusting the carbies it backfired a couple of times them suddenly stopped. The timing advancer had shattered for some reason but luckily didn't do a lot of damage. While I'm waiting for news of another advancer I decided to give the tank & side covers a final coat of clearcoat. Just finished & they're looking brilliant until the supply air hose blew & caused a dust storm in the spray booth ruining what I'd just done. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more luck.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Speedy1959

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Kiwifruit

Today l did my bit for Climate Change.
l burned up 440kms worth of fossil fuel  :worshippy:
Nature tried to both wash me off the bike and blow me off it......sometimes both at the same time.
Couple of slides tells me the tyres are done. Spooky !!
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk