News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Quad Lock

Started by GSXKING, Saturday, 09 March 2024, 09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSXKING

I'm in need of a mobile phone holder on my trusty GSX as my speedometer has decided to stop working and I'm using my phone with a speedo app to stay at the legal limit. I have a holder but it's clumsy.
Quadlock has been recommended highly.
Anyone here use one and give it an approval ?
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

A mate uses one & loves it, her phone has never fallen off yet.

As for the speedo, check the sensor cable. I didn't get mine in the clip properly near the front sprocket & the chain ate the wire. It's the same sensor as all GSXRs etc, I got one for a GSXR600 as it was cheaper (same part number) and it's worked fine since.

black14

Have a quadlock, and so do many others in my circle of riding mates. Excellent piece of kit!  :hat:
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

Eric GSX1400K3

+1 for Quadlock, i have the mounts on both bikes and pushbikeand in the car
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Yeah, most Mates have it. I dont, couldnt read it so never bothered.

Jeykey

Take a look at Peak Design. I was looking at Quad Lock, but prefer the PD design and interaction for putting in on and taking off. Also has the vibration dampener, especially for the iphones and getting better reviews than Quad Lock.

GSXKING

I went with Quadlock with referral from a trusted friend 👍
I've mounted it over the non functioning speedo. I'm using an app on my phone called GPS Speedometer.
Chris

KiwiCol

You got your bar clamps on upside down Chris, dunno what difference it makes, but must be there for some reason.  :whatever:

Clamp Mark.JPG
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Dwain Dibley

Eagle Eyes.   :notworthy:

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

GSXKING

Quote from: KiwiCol on Saturday, 16 March  2024, 08:08 PMYou got your bar clamps on upside down Chris, dunno what difference it makes, but must be there for some reason.  :whatever:

I guess as long as they're both on the same side it shouldn't matter. They've never moved 🤞🤞🤞

Clamp Mark.JPG
Chris

Eric GSX1400K3

Isnt there a locating pin or bump on the inside of the clamps that seat into the same recess on the 'bars so that they are at the correct angle for the perches and mirrors and so on?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

Chris just so you are aware i am 99% sure tgat Gps speedos are not legal as the main speedo and that you'd need to get the proper one fixed.

Juat in case you care, and I'm not suggesting you should, but a random plod might.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk