News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Our Europe Adventure.

Started by Kiwifruit, Tuesday, 18 April 2023, 09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Wasnt meant to happen Mate. Get well first,re book. Such a shame after all your planning.

Nic

That's a real bummer Col, hope you get well soon.

Kiwifruit

Thanks guys.
You blokes will understand how I feel about missing the bikes but it was so much more than that. Louise was packed and sorted she would hop out of bed everyday recently reminding me how many days to go. I guess things happen for a reason. Fortunately I didn't  book any more than to the end of TT practice week, not even our departure from the Isle of Man.
A heads up..... I will never again book on EasyJet. Have been trying to contact them as under some medical circumstances I could get a refund or rebook. Their system says download medical declaration form,  despite being highlighted it is inactive, I try elsewhere on their site and it keeps saying "please enter a valid email address" yet everyday I am getting marketing and promotional material with reminders to that same email address. To be fair Air New Zealand is proving to be no better.
 Yes I have insurance but as a diabetic of damn near 40 years that is full of exclusions too.
Still the "Classic TT" is in August and as a mate pointed out Goodwood is on about the same time.
Let's get well and see.  :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Get well soon mate, trips can be rebooked.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

Feel gutted for ya mate.  Hope you can get there in the future, but gotta get the body in better nic first.   :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mick_J

That's a real pisser Col, I hope you get well enough to try again later in the year.  Easyjet is cheap for a reason, no frills, no customer service.  I hope you get it sorted.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Notty

That's a bummer Col - we will still be here to greet you when you come - take care
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

I'll cancel the alert issued to border farce then

Kiwifruit

Havn't mentioned to the couple who we rented their cottage from but... if anyone might be interested in going over for practice week I can mention it to them. If you are keen, be snappy.

Kiwifruit

Have spoken with the couple that own the cottage and they are keen to re let it. They are doing Europe in a campervan for the TT fortnight. 26th May to 3rd June then it's rented for race week. Reasonable rate plus feed their cats. Sound like lovely people. Cottage is close to the airport in Castletown.

Kiwifruit

Sitting in the Cardiology Dept at Tauranga Hospital waiting for an angiogram. Hopefully will get the lines flushed and the pump serviced by the end of the day   :cheers:

GSXKING

Good luck Col hopefully you won't need a rebore 😂😂😂🙏🙏🙏
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

hard road

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Wednesday, 09 August  2023, 06:12 AMSitting in the Cardiology Dept at Tauranga Hospital waiting for an angiogram. Hopefully will get the lines flushed and the pump serviced by the end of the day   :cheers:

ive had 3 heart attacks, but after having a stent fitted im now spot on with near perfect blood pressure, so if you need one the chances are you will be fine. good luck  :onya:

Tony. 

grog

All the Best Col. A bit of a clean out, some new hoses, be like new :onya:

Kiwifruit

Well my hope of stents and a flush appears to have escalated to a major rebuild, I think that's what I'd call a triple bypass. Was told if i needed a stent they'd do it at the same time, seems i need three.
Kinda pleased that we didn't go away.
Great you blokes that have had stents are doing well  :onya:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk