News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Old School Cool

Started by Fast1400, Thursday, 19 May 2022, 09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast1400

Hey there,

Here are a few photos of my K2. To be fair it was in excellent condition when I bought it, so my changes have probably been more subtle - list below if you're interested.

Stainless LED mini indicators, LED headlight & taillight globes
Stainless mirrors
Renthal 822 Fatbars in Procircuit risers (about as "flat" as you can get without collecting the tank on full lock!).  Biltwell grips with heavy bar end weights to smooth the vibes
Stainless chain guard
DNA air filter
Iridium plugs (definitely worth it!)
"Reprofiled" rear guard
Original Staintune pipes, sans baffles
Aftermarket ignition advancer
PAIRS system removed

While I love the old school looks, I'm not a fan of too much shine so there's quite a bit of blacking out gone on around a lot of the metal bits to add a bit of balance - see if you can pick where?

A lot of work went into the suspension to set it up right, but by the handling and tyre wear patterns I think it's as good as it gets without spending some dollars. This may be on the cards...

As for tyres - swear by the Bridgestone BT016 Pro's. Period correct with modern materials, $410/pair fitted and balanced, sticks like a fat kid to donuts, and considering how it is ridden, last quite well.

Hope you like The Beast

VladTepes

Very nice.  What's not to like?  :onya:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

GSXKING

Quote from: Fast1400 on Thursday, 19 May  2022, 09:51 PM
Hey there,

Here are a few photos of my K2. To be fair it was in excellent condition when I bought it, so my changes have probably been more subtle - list below if you're interested.

Stainless mirrors
Renthal 822 Fatbars in Procircuit risers (about as "flat" as you can get without collecting the tank on full lock!).  Biltwell grips with heavy bar end weights to smooth the vibes
Stainless chain guard
DNA air filter
"Reprofiled" rear guard

While I love the old school looks, I'm not a fan of too much shine so there's quite a bit of blacking out gone on around a lot of the metal bits to add a bit of balance - see if you can pick where?

A lot of work went into the suspension to set it up right, but by the handling and tyre wear patterns I think it's as good as it gets without spending some dollars. This may be on the cards...

As for tyres - swear by the Bridgestone BT016 Pro's. Period correct with modern materials, $410/pair fitted and balanced, sticks like a fat kid to donuts, and considering how it is ridden, last quite well.

Hope you like The Beast

I've already ask the question about the bike and you've answered it here thanks.  :rofl2:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Fast1400

Quote from: Fast1400 on Thursday, 19 May  2022, 09:51 PM
Hey there,

Stainless mirrors
Stainless chain guard
DNA air filter
"Reprofiled" rear guard
Original Staintune pipes, sans baffles
Aftermarket ignition advancer
PAIRS system removed

Hope you like The Beast

Fast1400

Sorry, just updated with a couple of extra mods via the quote

ADMIN: I've updated your original list for you as well  :onya:

croaker

My old skool cool.. I think anyway

grog

Nice bikes Croaker, GS was amazing when released. Galaxy GSX, love them in that colour, shouldve kept it going.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk