News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Oil cooler thread stripped

Started by Rob1064, Saturday, 26 August 2023, 07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob1064

Hi guys.  I think a thread in the oil cooler where the feed hose goes is stripped ( small leak ) .  Can I rethread it or will it need a new cooler?  Ta...

GSXKING

Wow first post and straight into it eh 😵�💫
Perhaps an introduction might be in order first 🥹
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

seth

You asked this on facebook
And got the answer of it will be a damagaed journal at the bottom of the the oil cooler and will need to be replaced and were given the name of 1 company and told how to find the other that does replacements .
This is not facebook you should head to the bar and introduce yourself as a common courtesy when you join here .
Hope you get your bike fixed .

Introductions Link:   https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?board=20.0
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

grog

Mick_J

Well that's told him seth, probably never hear from him again.  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

seth

Quote from: Mick_J on Sunday, 27 August  2023, 07:15 PMWell that's told him seth, probably never hear from him again.  :whistling:
I'd hope not and he becomes an active member of the org .
I just dont get why people ask in so many places after being given the answers hoping to get a different answer maybe ?
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Andre

Quote from: Rob1064 on Saturday, 26 August  2023, 07:22 PMHi guys.  I think a thread in the oil cooler where the feed hose goes is stripped ( small leak ) .  Can I rethread it or will it need a new cooler?  Ta...

Do you THINK it is stripped or do you KNOW it is stripped?

In case of THINK: it is close to 100% a cracked journal (as Seth said) and you will need a replacement cooler.

In case of KNOW: It does not get stripped on its own! Somebody (you) must have done it. If that is the case you can re-thread it. Just be very careful to not crack the journal in the process.

hard road

Quote from: seth on Sunday, 27 August  2023, 07:59 PM
Quote from: Mick_J on Sunday, 27 August  2023, 07:15 PMWell that's told him seth, probably never hear from him again.  :whistling:
I'd hope not and he becomes an active member of the org .
I just dont get why people ask in so many places after being given the answers hoping to get a different answer maybe ?

that really boils my piss  :angry:  if I give someone the answer and they ask someone else I just want to poke them in the eye  :facepalm: 

Tony Nitrous

There was a comment a while back about treating forums like your home or garage.

If someone walks in, introduces them selves, shows a common interest, even explaining they are a stranger who's having a bit of a drama, a passion for something, generally polite and on a similar wave length the reaction they get should and often will be very different to a stranger walking into a strangers workshop or shed and opening the conversation with "How do I fix this...".

I think that's fair comment.

Irish in Oz

I spent many years doing install and service work on high speed production machinery, the best cases I had of people asking for help on problems was the owner phoning me and then asking if I would mind talking to the contractor beside him to help rectify the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk