News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

BT 023?

Started by mikesaa309, Thursday, 23 June 2022, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesaa309

I'm in need of a new rear tire. I currently have the Pilot Road 5 GT but they're expensive costing £180 and I have a track record of getting punctures nearly always in those little pocket things they have on the tread so it gets stupidly expensive. I've seen I can get BT 023's for £115 which I know are old tires at this point but from reviews seem decent enough. I don't expect them to last as long as the PR5's but wondering if anyone has had any experience using them on the GSX14?

I don't do a lot of rain riding these days unless I get caught out and I don't push the bike to the limit on bends either but at the same time I don't want to be easily losing traction if I do have hooligan moments. If not the BT 023 what tires are good that won't be overly expensive to replace if I get punctures?

Daytona

Nothing wrong with bt  023s in my opinion ..

Tony Nitrous

I've used them.
They are OK.

If you can get a good deal as they are a bit dated in design, and you're not after the latest and greatest, I think they'd be fine.

Tally

I'm using Pirelli Angel st's and are very good and at the moment on Bikespeed. Co . U.K. are £155 for a pair if you're interested?.

Hooli

Had 023s on my Sprint when I got it. Still got them on my Hornet as they've not worn out yet.

Nothing wrong with them, they even grip if it's cool or damp unlike 021s. They do make the steering a bit heavier than Avon Storms and don't last as long though. But at that price I wouldn't complain.

mikesaa309

What are the Angel st's like on the gsx1400? I've only use pr4's and pr5's but it gets expensive with punctures.

VladTepes

People over-complicate tyres a LOT.
1. Stick with a reputable brand (Michelin, Pirelli, Metzeler, Bridgestone) and from those -
2. Buy whatever you can get the best price on at the time.

The marginal differences between any of the major tyre manufacturers products will be largely indistinguishable to most road riders as they are rarely if ever use them at the extreme edge of their capabilities.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

GSXKING

I concur  :whatever: unless you're riding 10 Tenths it's irrelevant
The tyre manufacturers are all intertwined these days
Metzler does ground work then Pirelli reap the benefits 💰💰💰
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

I agree. Probably not a concern, they must all be good. Ive had Angels now 9 yrs, just what i like.

Hooli

Quote from: VladTepes on Thursday, 23 June  2022, 02:54 PM
People over-complicate tyres a LOT.
1. Stick with a reputable brand (Michelin, Pirelli, Metzeler, Bridgestone) and from those -
2. Buy whatever you can get the best price on at the time.

The marginal differences between any of the major tyre manufacturers products will be largely indistinguishable to most road riders as they are rarely if ever use them at the extreme edge of their capabilities.

I'd add buy sport touring not sport tyres, or you'll need another pair next week.

There's still differences in how the tyres handle though, Bridgestone are always heavier to turn in than others for starters.

Just find one you like & stick to it.

Batkwaka

I used Bridgestones 020 & 021 many years ago, both were excellent tyres. I think the colder European weather wasn't favourable for them though.
I changed to the Pirelli Angels around 2005 I think, I'm fairly sure I had them on my ZZR1100.
As I do about 30k/km a year I balance between grip and longevity when I buy tyres. Camber of the tyre is also important to me as I prefer the flatter Bridgestone & Pirelli to the sharper Michelin and Dunlops. For me they provide a more stable platform and counter-steering sharpens the turning up enough.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 23 June  2022, 05:55 PM

I'd add buy sport touring not sport tyres, or you'll need another pair next week.

:onya:

I've been putting S22's on the H2 SX and the new Busa has them too.
On that type of bike you do notice the difference.  You really don't need to be a wanna-be Rossi to use the extra grip.

I agree. The 14 is much better suited to Sports-Touring tyres. They suit the bike and it's questionable how much you'd gain by having short life Sportsbike rubber.

Dusty ST

Always had 023's on my Sprint and the 14. Never felt the need to try anything different.
Hope I'm not missing out though!
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

grog

I had Michelin PR2 or 3, cant remember. They tram tracked so bad. Was a different bike with Pirelli. Main reason ive never changed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk