Demon-tweeks

Started by Tally, Wednesday, 26 May 2021, 03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

Currently I have Dunlop Sportsmax tyres on my bike which are definitely up for renewal (fr:3011)&(Rr3010) , so I was looking around and found that demon tweeks have got a tyre sale on . If anybody's interested here are some prices (all inc vat)
Metzeler rd tec 01se fr 120/70/zr17-Rr 190/50/zr17--£200.
Pirelli anget gt £196.
Gt'2 £247.
Michelin rd5 gt £282.
All pairs of.

seth

The road tecs are a great price I just paid £300 for my pair .
I will get £40 back on the card scheme thing .
That was fitted and balanced .
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Tally

Looking on demon-tweeks earlier for new tyres and I came across a pair of Michelin pilot power, they're end of line stock and at £153.99 I'm tempted . My question is are they any good?. I don't ride hard or in the wet, or do I stick to my original thought of the angel gt's (£196). Gt2's are beyond my budget limit. I await your replys   :computer_type: :onya:

Eric GSX1400K3

If it sounds too good to be true,......

Be wary how old the rubber is, anything over 5 years to be avoided. If youre going to wear a set out in 2-3 years, not too bad, otherwise buy as new as you can.  Remember whats at stake when youre riding, shouldnt skimp on the only thing that holds you to the road.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Tally, as long as the Michys arent too old, a good choice. Whatever you get, because you dont do the ks, will harden up eventually. Im no tyre guru, just had a search about Pilot Power.because you mentioned them.Seems they rate as soft, blokes used them on track days. If i was you, id buy the softest you can afford, they seem to fit that bill. Ask them for date on sidewall. Original Angels what i use, 2nd set.No comments, i dont do tyre talk usually. Original Angel will be gone for me next time, my choice??

Tally

After reading  the reviews I've decided to go for the angel gt's. They say that the miches are a softish tyre guys use on track days, it's not what I need. The gt's have what I want including longevity so that's what I'll go for. :onya:

Graham Bathgate

Guys check out BikespeedUK Ltd

I have ordered a pair of Angel GT2's  for £232 including delivery

They do all makes of tyres at good prices

Have a squint
Grumpy and proud of it 😉

Graham Bathgate

Ordered on Saturday and a Bank Holiday on Monday they arrived today.

Even got a free "Pirelli Angel" powerbank/wireless charger
Grumpy and proud of it 😉

GSXKING

Quote from: Tally on Saturday, 29 May  2021, 04:28 AM
After reading  the reviews I've decided to go for the angel gt's. They say that the miches are a softish tyre guys use on track days, it's not what I need. The gt's have what I want including longevity so that's what I'll go for. :onya:

You wont be disappointed @Graham Bathgate they hold their line really well pitching in to hard cornering also.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Graham Bathgate

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 03 June  2021, 08:33 PM
Quote from: Tally on Saturday, 29 May  2021, 04:28 AM

You wont be disappointed @Graham Bathgate they hold their line really well pitching in to hard cornering also.
Great I bought my 14 with Dunlops on it but I haven't really felt "at home" so I'm looking forward to trying the Angel GT 2's  :cheers:
Grumpy and proud of it 😉

Tally

New pistons and seals are in , new pads are on , so are new tyres , scrubbed them in tonight and braking is a whole new experience, progressive 2 finger is the norm now, just get my suspension sorted now and all will be good. :boogie:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk