News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

1400 Owners Life Today ( The 'What did you do today?' thread)

Started by grog, Thursday, 21 June 2018, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Ill start, just whatever is in your day, your plans, your misfortunes. Just whats going on around you. Ive just signed off on my insurance house repairs. All perfect now. Taken 6 months. Just now 5 yrs clear of prostate cancer, been a big eye opening journey. My next project is to win golf champs this weekend then get started on 14 new front brakes o/ haul.

Hooli

I'm eating lunch at work, with toothache.

Taniwha

I stripped a 160ish yr old rifle getting it ready for a  resto. Pretty lowkey excited about this one. It's the oldest, least valuable, smallest, dinkiest, rifle I've got. I can't wait.

Also, drove Sydney to Canberra and back this morning to exchange a $40 patio heater.
Seven hours of my time plus 120 litres of Diesel plus truck wear and tear... seems worth it. :salute:
K7 B&W, '84 GPZ550, '12 ZX2,

Hooli

Is that a black powder smooth bore? I'd like to try old rifles like that.

Mister Fishfinger

I never knew there were so many parts in a rifle. That diagram wouldn't look out of place in a Suzuki manual.

Proteous

My life is both fantastic and shit all at the same time.....
My health isnt great but just started a new drug yesterday that they say will "Change my life" we will see..
My Oldest child is graduating from the Royal Veterinary Colledge on 5th July, sooooo proud of her.
My Middle child is awaiting GCSE results, hes gonna do amazing.. He wants to be a designer for JLR or Triumph.. Sooooo proud of him.
My job is shite
My bikes are great
My wife puts up with me so she deserves a medal... She also rides so pretty much a perfect wife.. Dont tell her i said that though for fuck sake!!!

So yeah, a mixed bag really. Keep going i say.
So if i do stuff all all day and noone sees me do it.. Am i still a lazy git?

Tony Nitrous

Anyone noticed this thread is in "bike chat" ?

Tony Nitrous

Booked 5 flights, 2 hotels and travel insurance.

Flights from Brisbane to Singapore then on to Phnom Penh (Cambodia) to see my Stepdaughter.

Four days later flights from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap.

Four days later back to Brisbane via Singapore again.

I remember being a bit of a Playstation Junkie in my younger days and playing Tomb Raider, and when the movie came out thinking Angelina Jolie wasn't bad to look at! so went to see the movie (17 years ago). Always remember seeing the tree roots growing over the temples at Ta Phrom and thinking it looked cool. Now I get to see it. 

KiwiCol

Ya wouldn't want to be around that lot in an earthquake.  H&S here would require it to be pulled down, or have people kept well away . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Sorry, Yesterday not today, but I was having a chat with one of the locals about his car. 440ci / 7200cc V8 "six pack" motor in a Dodge Challenger.

KiwiCol

Now that's bloody nice!   Wouldn't want to pay for the fuel though, be a thirsty beast.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

I've been doing weights regularly since Nov last year, hit my main target today by finishing a set of ten chest presses at 100kg. Now to build up till all four sets are at that weight & I'll be happy.

Globalrider

Today my 1400 was shipped from the UK to Canada Wahooooo - I should have it in 25 days!
:hat:
Stan
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

VladTepes

Quote from: Mister Fishfinger on Thursday, 21 June  2018, 11:00 PM
I never knew there were so many parts in a rifle. That diagram wouldn't look out of place in a Suzuki manual.

@Mister Fishfinger The diagram on the giant mouse pad is an FN FAL.
The much older rifle has nowhere near as many parts...
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

VladTepes

I've posted elsewhere about my sleep apnoea.
General lack of $ affecting me currently too.

Then this happened this morning: http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=3019.0

to make that worse the :wife: keeps telling me if I sold my bike I wouldn't have these problems.  She also suggests I sell my guns, Land Rover etc and "simplify my life".  Yeah, NO.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk