News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Engine paint

Started by Big Geordi, Monday, 03 April 2017, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Geordi

Ok Guys I have used PJ1 Satin Black a few times for my Engine wondered what others have used and how good it was?
Not sure if this should have went in Cleaning and Polishing but am sure Admin will sort it ;)

Red Biker

Hi BG,
I used Halfords own Brand gloss Black Engine paint last Year and it's held up ok.
NB Casings are powder Coated!

Cheers
Red
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Hammy

a friend of mine used B&Q Barbecue paint to do his engine and it looks a great job
K3 B&W

Red Biker

Quote from: Hammy on Friday, 14 April  2017, 06:38 AM
a friend of mine used B&Q Barbecue paint to do his engine and it looks a great job

I've used loads of it Hammy, link pipe, down pipes and rocker trim to name a few. Great stuff 👍
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

froudy

PJ1 Satin Black was great stuff, but you can't get it in the UK any longer due to "Elf n Safety"

I use Techcote Satin Black now and it's good stuff..Not quite as good as the PJ1 though.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

kja

Notty

The silver paint on my cam cover is flaking so is PJ1 satin black suitable to use?  :undecided:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

froudy

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

shelbycelica

I have used the new pj1 paint and didnt find it great .sprayed it on. leave it dry for a few day and when engine heats up the paint went soft.not good

seth

@shelbycelica  :frustrated:
Hopefully you find a better solution
Good luck

I'd also head over to the bar and introduce myself as that's customary on a first post
:doh:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk