Pictures of crankcase lower

Started by GnRunner, Friday, 16 December 2022, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnRunner

Does anyone have a closeup picture of the lower crankcase in the area around the clutch oil seal? I'm working on a possible fix for changing the seal without splitting the cases. I need to see if there are any oil channels or such in the area around the seal.

Thanks, Matt
The 2 loudest sounds in the world are a bang when it should say click, and a click when it should say bang.....

grog

Sorry GN no pics. Ive read about this seal a lot. Some have dremmeled lip away, some say new seal can be fitted in, other way i saw, glued extra seal to original. Have you brake cleaned seal, smoothed down push rod then rotated with fine emery, gives hone marks at 90 degrees, then refit with proper grease/ gear oil mix, spin in seal many times. Id try everything before splitting motor.

T 24

You can find one pic from topic "2nd gear issue"

GnRunner

I checked out the thread "2nd gear problem". Its almost what I need. I need a clear picture of the gasket area and the oil groove that run close to the seal seat.
The 2 loudest sounds in the world are a bang when it should say click, and a click when it should say bang.....

kquacker

Quote from: GnRunner on Friday, 16 December  2022, 05:23 PM
Does anyone have a closeup picture of the lower crankcase in the area around the clutch oil seal? I'm working on a possible fix for changing the seal without splitting the cases. I need to see if there are any oil channels or such in the area around the seal.

Thanks, Matt

Is this of any help ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk