News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Trigger / Content warnings

Started by VladTepes, Tuesday, 01 November 2022, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Why is it that almost every damn thing I seem to look at these days starts with a trigger warning or content warning?
Even when it ought to be bloody obvious.

Case in point an article about "Movember"

QuoteContent warning: This article discusses cancer.

:frustrated:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Batkwaka

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 01 November  2022, 10:15 AM
Why is it that almost every damn thing I seem to look at these days starts with a trigger warning or content warning?
Even when it ought to be bloody obvious.

Case in point an article about "Movember"

QuoteContent warning: This article discusses cancer.

:frustrated:

"Movember", if you're making fun of alopecia victims, expect a visit from Will Smith!
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

Tony Nitrous

It used to annoy me.  The amount of stuff we need to be warned about, sheltered from, what wasn't allowed to be said, who we might offend.

Every news is US shootings, Russia at war, starving nations, why we need electric cars, doom and gloom on the economy, trans swimmers, something said about someone 40 years back, a statue from 200 years back.

Now.... Not so much.  Past caring.

Watch Paul Hogan, Benny Hill, Love Thy Neighbour. Ride loud thirsty bikes. Eat red meat. Stoke up the log burner. 

I'm a Pommie, I'm a Boomer, I'm an old bastard, but I don't need to be warning in advance for having a grasp on reality.

Hooli

It just goes to show how moronically childish today's so called younger adults are.

grog

I really think we need a warning on this site, people talk about motorcycles :rofl2:

Mick_J

And some of the language is a fucking disgrace, defo need a warning on the is site that it might contain adult themes, all we need now is some pics of birds with big tits.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

grog

Not good enough Hooli, we need some real Tits. This one works, Its called a Great Tit.

Hooli

Aye always had those in the garden when I was growing up Grog, they are a bit larger than Blue Tits.

Eric GSX1400K3

Combining Hoolis blue boobies and grogs great tits I get the blue tit...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Tits love to nibble on nuts if you leave them out over winter. I always did & enjoyed watching them.

KiwiCol

well done gentlemen   :clapping:  Although we may get a visit from an angry ornithological society, for moving in on their patch . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

My fav is rhe lesser known firm pink tit, over time they have become near extinct though some have been spotted in their preferred colder climate..
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 03 November  2022, 09:29 PM
Tits love to nibble on nuts if you leave them out over winter. I always did & enjoyed watching them.
@Hooli- did you enjoy watching tits or nibbling on nuts in the winter?  Please clarify?   :rofl2:
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

froudy

Talking of tits  :rofl2:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk