News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

E10 Fuel , I know but it's worth a read...

Started by Tonythetiger, Saturday, 20 November 2021, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonythetiger

I was up in Livingston in Scotland today doing a job and I came across a young guy with a broken down GSX1400 that he'd borrowed off his dad for the day, I stopped the truck to see if I could be of any help and he said that he'd just put some of that new E10 fuel in the bike and only covered a couple of miles before it started to run really poorly and back firing and eventually gave up and died. He said it was running great until he added the fuel at a local garage and now it won't run, as I couldn't help him I left and got me thinking about all this new fuel and how it's gonna destroy my pride and joy eventually and it made me sad as I do love my GSX1400 and so I think I need to look at other options for Fuel OR just not using her at all and get a bike for that type of fuel only.

GSXKING

The grubernments of the green world will want us to retrofit a battery to our beloved GSX 🤢🤢

However hopefully not in my lifetime 🤞
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Batkwaka

I remember the Australian Government making ads saying how you could use unleaded fuel in your older vehicle without a problem. Of course they refused to reimburse anyone for destroying the motor.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

grog

E10 wouldve stopped that bike only if tank had a lot of water/condensation in it already. They mix together, get sucked into system. Have a google for better info.

gsxbarmy

I agree with @grog E10 was not the issue - possibly he had water/condensation in the tank that had built up over the years, the teabag could have been clogged, possibly the clip holding the pressure regulator on inside the tank had come away (more likely). But not the E10 fuel itself.

https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=1610.0
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Mine has done loads of miles on E10. It runs crap and drinks loads but it doesn't kill the bike.

Tally

If you have E10 in your tank, what is the approx time line before it starts doing damage, or water/condensation build up. I have about two bars left in mine when I managed to find some fuel during our so called crisis a while back. I don't think my bike is in any danger at the moment, but it would be nice to know the said timeline. :onya:.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk