News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

External fuel filter

Started by grog, Thursday, 23 February 2017, 09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Opinions were out there years ago, 10 micron should be used not 30. Ive never had a problem, if i ever do will just get injectors cleaned, their baskets also catch any crap. Looking fwd to performance reviews. I think youll be happy. I use injector cleaner twice a year, Wynns , only from mechanic shop, retail stuff not as good. Other trick, fill some E10, just 5 litres works, ride it all out then  fill with good stuff. Sucks any moisture thru, keeps inside tank spotless. Just what i do.

Fast1400

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 12 May  2020, 07:27 PM
Snapey, they sure do the job. My bike never ran as good before that mod. Coming home tonight, must be a few years since done, thinking how nice this thing just revs thru the range.  :)

Hey Grog,
At risk of sounding stupid, why does it make the bike run so much better?

Yetiman

I would say that because the original Suzuki Hi-flow filter is unserviceable so there for over time it gets more and more Clogged and stops optimum fuel flow,
Were as the external filter is serviceable and can be cleaned every few rides or so to keep the fuel flowing optimally, Or along those lines sounds Logical anyway.  :)

grog

Eric GSX1400K3

Did the mod today  pretty straight forward. Proflow filter fits nicely between frame crossover rail and rear edge of the tank.  Might make a bracket for it later reused the quick connect fittings.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Yetiman

Good job mate easy-Peasy, :onya:
Have you put it back together did you notice any difference, I did pump super quiet and better throttle responce.

Eric GSX1400K3

Yes, all back together, seemed to fire up easier and idle better, need to go for a ride though to see full rpm range throttle response...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

joffadog

Hi Mate which pro flow filter did you use?

don't worry mate i read rest of post, it helps when you do lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk