Corona virus general discussion thread

Started by VladTepes, Wednesday, 18 March 2020, 12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

People are stupid.

Went shopping yesterday.  ALL the soap was gone. For chrissakes you need some soap not litres / kilos of the stuff.

The baked beans shelves were empty - I wonder if this is contributing to the now common sight of vacant toilet paper shelves?

Bread? Well all the crappy factory stuff was gone but there was HEAPS of fresh bread available. :onya:

Saw one bloke with a trolley stacked high with 3 litre milks. I counted them. 18.  So he bought 54 litres of 'fresh' milk.   :jack: 
Does he not realise that it has a shelf life?    :whatever:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Irish in Oz

Quote from: VladTepes on Wednesday, 18 March  2020, 12:03 PM

Saw one bloke with a trolley stacked high with 3 litre milks. I counted them. 18.  So he bought 54 litres of 'fresh' milk.   :jack: 

Maybe he is an Outreach worker.

Andre

One of my fears came true when they closed the border to Luxembourg on Monday. As the weather was nice, I rode into Netherlands and Belgium before they close the border there too. No coffee sipping as all locked down. Yesterday they said that our borders to the Netherlands and Belgium will not be restricted as our lives here are strongly intertwined. Measures against the virus are very similar and communicated among the authorities.

BUT in Italy you are not allowed to ride the bike (or anything else) for pleasure. Only essential movement allowed there. Who knows when this rule will come here too.

As the weather is nice today and tomorrow I will be  :riding: Friday temperature will dip. Hope we are still allowed to ride for pleasure when the temps go up again. Glad I am able to play on the roads and that I am not a little kid anymore as the playgrounds here are locked down.

Mick_J

Does anyone have the recipe for the toilet paper and pasta dish everyone is stocking up on, cant find it anywhere on the interweb.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

MarkN

There is an up-side, The Eurovision Song Contest has been cancelled  :boogie: Unfortunately so has the NW200 I was supposed to be going to in May  :cry2:

I would love to know why the sheeple are taking all the toilet paper and pasta, too. None of this nor chicken in our local supermarkets. Perhaps this is another secret ingredient!

A friend of my wife's told her of a woman in our local Asda who was stacked up with toilet paper in her trolley and when told by an employee that they were only allowing two packs per customer the woman stated she was taking them "and what are you going to fucking do about it" Personally I would have barred her from the shop and told her to leave the store - without any of the goods in her trolley. People like this are selfish bastards imo  :furious:

Hooli

According to my doctor it should be ok for me to ignore social distancing on Saturdays and Sundays.
He said I have a weekend immune system.

Andre

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

GSXKING

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 18 March  2020, 06:33 PM
Quote from: VladTepes on Wednesday, 18 March  2020, 12:03 PM

Maybe he is an Outreach worker.

Or making cheese  :stir: :stir: :stir:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Notty

No eggs in any supermarket ?? FFS why? is it part of the pasta/toilet roll recipe? the little cluckers will still be laying and its not as though you can store them for that long? 3 weeks or so? Clucking Hell  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Quote from: Notty on Friday, 20 March  2020, 01:47 AM
No eggs in any supermarket ?? FFS why? is it part of the pasta/toilet roll recipe? the little cluckers will still be laying and its not as though you can store them for that long? 3 weeks or so? Clucking Hell  :bugga:

Someone has shelled out for a fowl amount of stockpiling.

Kiwifruit

Off to stock up on petrol. Dont want to run out of gas while l'm out self isolating :onya:

Warbirds Airshow has been cancelled......  so could finish up at th mother in laws for Easter....... not quite as exciting !!
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk