News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Power Commander PC-V

Started by VladTepes, Thursday, 09 February 2017, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Mine too. So how did you mod the pipe actually - just get a piece of stainless drilled and tapped and weld that in ???
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Blubber

Yep. Drill hole in the link pipe and weld bung.

For that: determine the best location including the preferred angle of the sensor vs available space.

The Autotune kit has a mild steel weld in bung included. I didn't use that one.
I bought a stainless steel one with a chamfered end, so i could weld it very easy.
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

northern

I install mine like this:

Proteous

Gonna try and get mine fitted next week... Im not doing it though... I will be paying a man.. :popcorn:
So if i do stuff all all day and noone sees me do it.. Am i still a lazy git?

northern

Want to share my experience with PCV with autotune AT-200.
Have it since previous spring, so ~5000 km. Not much but still enough for having some opinion.

It's not super-easy to make a map, what will work as you desire. You need to try and try and try, comparing results before and after changes. And you have ride quite much, to have average values during autotune leaning cycle. So it's time consuming protsedure.
Other very important thing - what is your usual revs during riding? I guess 2-5.5k... At least, it's mine usual range. It does not mean, I never have my revs at 8k, but not for a long time. All accelerations are not taking long time, and then I'm on 5-6 gear, doing 3-5k revs. Autotune read lambda values, averages them, and make corrections to map, but if you are not raiding much on some revs, system will simply not be able to create a map for those revs.

This is what hapend with mine. Take a look on my dyno run chart. I have full akra and just 104 PS peak. But looking on Air/Fuel ratio, you will see, what after 5k AFR is going lean. And lean mean less power.
And less then 5k revs, AFR is preaty much what I want to have at this time.

So, my conclusion - autotune, could help you get better milage for your bike, by it's pretty hard to tune PCV to get more power by using it. Will not say, it's not possible, just sharing my experience.
As for me, I will go to dyno stand (when our weather will allow me to ride) to get my bike tuned for max power, and have it as a second map on my PCV. First map will be eco  :happy1:, cruising map, made by using autotune.

Hope, my post make sense.
Please do not judge hard  :hat:

Blubber

What you said makes perfectly sense to me:
Dyno time is still needed for the higher revolutions.

Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

gsxbarmy

Given this has some interesting technical info, I've pegged this as "Tech Tip" and stickied this thread, so its easier to find in future. I've also moved it to Fuelling as that's where the other PC-V info resides.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

mrmmrm

Hi all,

I´m the owner of beautiful black K3 GSX-14 and I´m thinking about mounting open mufflers and PC-V with autotune module on it and since the original collector pipes are going to stay on bike the question is whether the AT-200 with just one lambda sensor is enough, because it will measure exhaust gasses only from two cylinders? I´m asking because if there is some failure on other two injectors then that sensor will be unable to find out ..

Thanks for the answers or explanations :-)

V_i_c_i

Quote from: northern on Monday, 27 February  2017, 03:52 AM
Want to share my experience with PCV with autotune AT-200.
Have it since previous spring, so ~5000 km. Not much but still enough for having some opinion.

It's not super-easy to make a map, what will work as you desire. You need to try and try and try, comparing results before and after changes. And you have ride quite much, to have average values during autotune leaning cycle. So it's time consuming protsedure.
Other very important thing - what is your usual revs during riding? I guess 2-5.5k... At least, it's mine usual range. It does not mean, I never have my revs at 8k, but not for a long time. All accelerations are not taking long time, and then I'm on 5-6 gear, doing 3-5k revs. Autotune read lambda values, averages them, and make corrections to map, but if you are not raiding much on some revs, system will simply not be able to create a map for those revs.

This is what hapend with mine. Take a look on my dyno run chart. I have full akra and just 104 PS peak. But looking on Air/Fuel ratio, you will see, what after 5k AFR is going lean. And lean mean less power.
And less then 5k revs, AFR is preaty much what I want to have at this time.

So, my conclusion - autotune, could help you get better milage for your bike, by it's pretty hard to tune PCV to get more power by using it. Will not say, it's not possible, just sharing my experience.
As for me, I will go to dyno stand (when our weather will allow me to ride) to get my bike tuned for max power, and have it as a second map on my PCV. First map will be eco  :happy1:, cruising map, made by using autotune.

Hope, my post make sense.
Please do not judge hard  :hat:

I think that problem with power is not Autotune module problem but your bad AFR table problem ...

northern

Quote from: V_i_c_i on Saturday, 01 July  2017, 03:56 AM
I think that problem with power is not Autotune module problem but your bad AFR table problem ...

For sure, power is because AFR was bad, and nobody is telling autotune itself have a problem.

Autotune ajust fuel table on the revs bike is running. The more bikes run, the better the table is. Max power on our bike with standart bore nad standart cams is on ~7000-7500 rpm. AFR was bad, because 7k rpm is not engine speed I use a lot in my regular runs. Because of this, autotume is not able to ajast AFR the way I want it.

Proteous

OK, just need to clear something up just in case people still think as i was once told on the old org.. There was a post on the old org stating that you need a lamda sensor for a PC-V.. This is NOT true. you NO NOT need to fit a lamda sensor to your bike if you want to fit a PC-V. The only time you need a Lamda is if you wantto run an autotune system as well. Otherwise its just as simple as a PC-III. I actually have one of the first 1400 specifi PC-Vs sold in the UK which may be up for grabs if i cant fix the bloody engine!
So if i do stuff all all day and noone sees me do it.. Am i still a lazy git?

northern

Quote from: Proteous on Saturday, 01 July  2017, 06:57 PM
OK, just need to clear something up just in case people still think as i was once told on the old org.. There was a post on the old org stating that you need a lamda sensor for a PC-V.. This is NOT true. you NO NOT need to fit a lamda sensor to your bike if you want to fit a PC-V. The only time you need a Lamda is if you wantto run an autotune system as well. Otherwise its just as simple as a PC-III. I actually have one of the first 1400 specifi PC-Vs sold in the UK which may be up for grabs if i cant fix the bloody engine!
I will also add, what autotune is not correcting Power Commander fuel map itself.
Beginning using Autotune, you have to create AFR target table - the way you desire you AFR fuel table will look like in the end. For example - all revs on all throttle positions =13. Then, running your bike, autotune constantly measure (using lambda) the AFT at used throttle position and revs, making corrections comparing target value and current Power Commander map value. The more you ride, the more Autotune have chances to make correction table more presise. After some time (IMHO, not earlier then 200+ km), using power commander management software, this correction map can be applied to used PC map, making it closer to the AFR table you desire.

Before having autotune, I was assuming it's corrects the map "on a fly", but not - you have to accept it manually. BTW, there is smartphone app from Dunojet, what allows to accept correction table and also change maps without LapTop, but I never actually use it (even it's installed in my phone :) )
Android: https://goo.gl/CQDzkq (have no idea about iphone)

Hope, my comment is understandable :hat:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk