Remove the PAIRS System

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 07 February 2017, 11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

I never used the smaller internal plates
I removed the read valves from the holder and the refitted the holder with mounting compound then fitted the top plate all be good since
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

KoZi

Remove valves - unscrew a little bolt from the internal plate which i see on first post ?
Probably something is not ok with me but I can't imagine this without internal plate... - in this case seal will be in the lower place in head or not ?  :confused1:

seth

Yes remove the small screws to remove the read valves  then refit Just like in these pics(these still have read valves attached) then refit with the shaped plate on top .
Takes a few mins job done.
The reason to remove the read valves is that if nothing is moving between them the vacuum from the exhaust can snap them off .
All 3 of our gsx1400 run this kits with the same set up .

Sethbot Postwhore

KoZi

Ok now it's clear  :imrgreen: I will remove the bolt with valve and plate will come in standard place with top plate from smart moto on it  :clapping:
Thanks Seth  :cheers:

seth

Sorry I wasn't more clear but you've got it now .
Good luck

Sethbot Postwhore

KoZi

seth, last quick question: Did You use a loctite on the blanking plates ?

seth

I just used some instant gasket just a very light amount to seal the plate to the read valve mounting block.
Loctite would do just fine.

Sethbot Postwhore

grog

Had my PAIRS blocked for 6 or 7 years. Never removed plates etc, just blocked off air intake. Apart from cosmetics, any reason i cant just leave it like that, disabled but bits still in head. Never really thought about b4, doesnt worry me but just wondered why everyone fits modded plates.

seth

I fitted the kit as it just looks neater.
I removed the read valves as someone on the original org had them break off damaging his cylinderhead so 8 removed ours as a precaution (it can't damage anything if it's not fitted)

Sethbot Postwhore

Mrg

yea seth i did the same and fitted just the plates and did the gasket bit just to be safe .. but other than that all good and stopped the back popping  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

V_i_c_i

Prize is terrible for me. I can share DWG plans for blanking plates. May be are there in download section. Send it to laser cutting company and prize there for 5mm dural cutted will be about 8 eur....

grog

Have never worried about pairs much, just blocked off hose. Can i take reeds out and refit standard covers?

SA14

This mod seems to be within my skill level but I'm conflicted; I like the popping but would love to feel some of that increased smoothness. Is the smoothness really that noticeable? I'd be willing to lose the popping which has smile value (to me) but that extra smoothness sure sounds enticing. Given these bikes have truckloads of power anyway there's no need for more but I'm intrigued by refinements like this.

KiwiCol

I' ve not noticed any extra smoothness as a feeling itself, the smoothness is in the sound of the engine not backfiring etc.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk