News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

What did you buy today ???

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 June 2018, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: GSXKING on Saturday, 26 November  2022, 03:38 PM
I've been using an app on my phone I want to give a wrap it's called Petrol Spy I've attached a screenshot I think it's saved me quite a bit of money over the last six months.
In these days of ever increasing inflation & petrol companies blaming Russian warlords for increased prices 🐂🐂🐂💩💩💩 anything that saves is worth passing on 🙏🙏🙏
+10 for that one Chris, I use it too, always find the cheapest diesel, ulp and pulp near me.  Best near me is an independent called Atlas Fuel, always 10-15 cpl cheaper, no frills, no loyalty cards and all that bs. Even cheaper than the DIY bowser only.  They turn over a lot of fuel, so less likely to get rubbish in the tank.  Only 'downside' is they open at 5am and close at 9pm, and I have to drive 15km to get there, but well worth the savings in fuel.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Great idea those apps. Been using Gas Buddy a long time. Same thing basically.

Tony Nitrous

Up at 3am, on the road by 4, at the bike auto jumble by 5.

Heaps of stuff there, Harley, Brit, and heaps of older dirt bike stuff.  Not much that I'm chasing, 16v Suzuki stuff. What there was I wasn't happy about the price or condition.

Came home with a complete 80's GSX tail light, lens, back, bulb and loom for $20.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I've had some real bargains before so I'll take the bad with the good.

grog

Today was replacing bench grinder and need bigger vice. Instead just got new wire brush for grinder, flattened grinding wheel with tool i borrowed. It lives again. Vice will sort soon.

frenchgixxer

Picked up an old french safe, made by Raoult. I think its kinda cool, furniture really but usable as it locks. Need to work out the combination though as that is set and the 4 dials do nothing. I'll strip it over the winter and try to work it out, so long as the mechanism is still intact and can be reset!
Question everything

Speedy1959

I Love the "distressed" paint job on your safe..
(I know how it feels)!

Eric GSX1400K3

270 odd piece kit for my Dremel. Not genuine but quality is ok. Made by toolpro for SCA, 22.95
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Eric, what was price? $22, gotta be bargain of the year. I bought 6 Ah Ryobi generic batt for $38, my bargain. Have 3 from same people, work well. Perspective, my 4ah genuine now 9 yrs, cost nearly 80 bucks back then. Lasted so well.

Eric GSX1400K3

Eric GSX1400K3

Tony Nitrous

Another 40m of turf.

Thats 5 x 40m of Kikuyu (the good stuff) and I think it was 18m of Sir Walter.

Thats a 6m wide area across most of the front and the back. The easy bits. The two ends are going to be harder. One is bigger and steeper, the other needs more earthworks.  I'm not too worried about the bare area between the original paddock and the new turf, Kikuyu is very aggressive and will fill that in. Main priority is to cover the bare earth / mud / dust around the house. 

Kiwifruit

Tony we are trying to get rid of kikuyu. Lush green in summer looks brown and dead in winter. It don't like frost, easy to spray out once it's frosted but comes back so fast.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Just keep sprigging Sir Walter, cut off runners and plant. Ive turned around 40 metres into 400, takes a while, yrs not months. Advantage of it, stays nice thru Winter.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 06 December  2022, 04:38 PM
Tony we are trying to get rid of kikuyu. Lush green in summer looks brown and dead in winter. It don't like frost, easy to spray out once it's frosted but comes back so fast.

It's very popular here. Both for farmers and for lawns. Loves full sun, pretty aggressive so spreads well and self heals. We only see1 or 2 light frosts. Mine died back a bit in the recent hot dry weather but soon came back after a bit of rain.

Very popular turf here, the turf of choice for schools, playing fields, race courses. Etc, local turf farm is 90%+ Kikuyu. Suits our location.

grog

Have little LED indicators on,  Not totally what i wanted, been looking a while.Always hated big originals.   Stedi look good but didnt want sequential. Finally found GSXR at right price, smaller and LED but what ive been looking for. They promised me good quality, gave them a ring. For not much money ill find out. Local shop to Brisbane.https://www.ozled.com.au/~180792

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk