Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

What air filter?

Started by mikesaa309, Saturday, 07 April 2018, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Tuesday, 17 September  2019, 04:59 PM
Whats 3/4 throttle ?
What are all those numbers that go higher than 4 on the right hand clock ?
:imrgreen:

What ya do Si, is get it into 3rd like normal, then when you're about to change into 4th, instead of throttle off & go up a gear, just crack the throttle right open  :devil: (and hang on)  :doh: & watch the wee right hand needle go to where it likes it :imrgreen: - 6's & 7's are it's favourite numbers . . . 

:cruisin:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Cykik

So used to driving a diesel car all day I rarely go over 4k rpm on 14...
Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

grog

Over a year now since K&N fitted. Bike runs perfectly, as it did wit OEM. The smaller intake one i had from Klauss in Poland was ok, I dont go for power but can definately notice perfect revs from start to finish. Also better fuel mileage, never measured but notice a few more ks between fills. Im a big fan of dry paper, so OEM is perfect. Just having to wash out K&N also suits me. Thats a big change for me, always liked dry paper. Things can change.

Hooli

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Tuesday, 17 September  2019, 04:59 PM
Whats 3/4 throttle ?
What are all those numbers that go higher than 4 on the right hand clock ?
:imrgreen:

You've got the slower R&B model so it doesn't concern you....

I need to find a seller of a real air filter though, I might even ask the local dealer. Robinson's have superseded their part number to one that includes 'K+N' so I rather suspect it's not OEM.

Andre

Hooli

Quote from: Andre on Wednesday, 18 September  2019, 03:32 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 18 September  2019, 03:27 AM
Robinson's have superseded their part number to one that includes 'K+N' so I rather suspect it's not OEM.

???

Attached screenshot is from: https://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/shop/online-store/suzuki-parts-finder/gsx/gsx1400/k2-k3-k4-k5-k6-k7-2002-2007.htm#!gsx1400aircleaner

Yeah but add it to your basket & go to the checkout & you get this.

Andre

Hooli

I've found them online for £24.50.

You can see it's a proper one as the trumpet doesn't extend inside the filter, every aftermarket one I've ever seen does.

https://www.bikersworldstore.co.uk/suzuki-genuine-part-air-filter-gsx1400-k2-k7-13780-42f01-000-ss-13780-42f00-000.html

Andre

Certainly looks OEM including the numbers. Good price. I pay 30 € for mine.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 18 September  2019, 04:41 AM
I've found them online for £24.50.

You can see it's a proper one as the trumpet doesn't extend inside the filter, every aftermarket one I've ever seen does.

https://www.bikersworldstore.co.uk/suzuki-genuine-part-air-filter-gsx1400-k2-k7-13780-42f01-000-ss-13780-42f00-000.html
Would you measure the opening when you get it Hooli?  (and post here)

Might take to my aftermarket one with a dremmel cutoff disc & chop that internal piece out.  The blue has a K&N fitted.

Andre

@KiwiCol

Quote from: northern on Tuesday, 28 August  2018, 01:59 AM
Just to compare - K&N inlet is 56mm, versus OEM 48mm and Hiflo 39mm

Quote from: northern on Tuesday, 08 May  2018, 09:00 AM
I replace my Hiflo to Suzuki OEM.
Hiflo intake is 39mm, OEM intake is 48mm - it's area is 34% bigger than hiflo one. Also it's slightly higher - also easy to get air throw.

Local prices are ~25€ for Hiflo and 35€ for oem, so my choice from now on is Suzuki OEM.

KiwiCol

Thx Andre, I knew it was on here somewhere, it was a quick visit to the site while at work when I asked the question.

Speedy1959

And yet my bike runs just fine with the HiFlo air filter fitted..
Mind you I dont tend to screw my bike everywhere I go so maybe thats the difference.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Thursday, 19 September  2019, 07:53 AM
And yet my bike runs just fine with the HiFlo air filter fitted..
Mind you I dont tend to screw my bike everywhere I go so maybe thats the difference.

With the Hi-Flo, I don't think it affects whether the bike runs fine or not, more that it can restrict performance having the smaller intake.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

My bike has always run perfectly with 3 diff types of filter.. Cant remember thoughts/sound on stock paper. When K&N fitted i could notice diff sound even though its a long way from ears.compared to smaller intake/tube down inside type. No testing but also think fuel mileage is better and revs easier above 6k. No test or figures to back up but quite happy with it.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk