News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Fit Individual (Pod) Air Filters

Started by gsxbarmy, Sunday, 05 February 2017, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rh4000

The small one is 13mm, I measured it, ordered a mini breather foam filter from ram air, going for the ram air pod filters too, same as Ians :onya:

Rh4000

Quote from: Big Geordi on Sunday, 01 September  2019, 06:38 PM
Better pic

Where did you get the blowby plate, anyone know where I can get one or who makes them?

seth

There was a guy on the old org who made them I'm not sure they have been available for a few years now .
Hopefully someone here has more info as I know 1 of the orgsters over in northern Europe has made something very simular but I can't remember his name .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Big Geordi

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 12 September  2019, 09:45 AM
There was a guy on the old org who made them I'm not sure they have been available for a few years now .
Hopefully someone here has more info as I know 1 of the orgsters over in northern Europe has made something very simular but I can't remember his name .
:cheers:
What he says  ;)

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Rh4000 on Thursday, 12 September  2019, 09:30 AM
Better pic

Where did you get the blowby plate, anyone know where I can get one or who makes them?

Someone on one of the Facebook groups had one recently that was 3D-printed. The materials used were spec'd beyond any temps the motor would produce in that area. Not sure who it was, might have been McLean Racing.

Tony Nitrous

Yes, it's a mate of John McLeans that can make them.

There's a thread on the GSX1400 Alternative Gathering Point Facebook page.

He's not doing them at the moment but maybe again in the future.

Hooli

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Sunday, 15 September  2019, 07:07 PM
Quote from: Rh4000 on Thursday, 12 September  2019, 09:30 AM
Better pic

Someone on one of the Facebook groups had one recently that was 3D-printed. The materials used were spec'd beyond any temps the motor would produce in that area. Not sure who it was, might have been McLean Racing.

That looks a beast, does it say 1,700 on the side?

Andre

Yes, 1700.  :worshippy: I believe it is for a drag racer.

Tony Nitrous

KiwiCol

Any idea of what hp it puts out?  What are his times?  just interested
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

gsxbarmy

Guys - can we keep on topic please, this thread is a stickied HOW TO thread about pod filters.

All interesting about John McLeans dragster, but can I suggest a separate topic if you wish to discuss it.

Thanks
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

insane1400

My airpods arrived today so I fit them up to the engine. Im not sure if I missed something or mine are different to what others use, but they fit up quite easily (very tight together) .

There is a difference of opinion as to wether I will need to dyno tune or not, can anyone give a definitive answer?
Thanks
Andrew

Andre

The "definitive answer" will be what you do.

A dyno run to see if dyno tuning is needed is my answer :)

insane1400

Well... I took my bike for its first run with the pod filters today (or I tried to).
The bike started easily, but as soon as I backed off throttle the engine stalled (going downhill). Every time I came to a stop the bike stalled. Once it was going it seemed ok, I only went to about 3500rpm in 2nd as I was only in the back streets around my home.
So now I have 3 options, 1-try to refit the original airbox with the engine in the bike (serious modifications will be needed), 2- remove engine and refit airbox, 3-buy power commander and get it dynotuned $$$$$...
No 1 it is going to be. I will update tomorrow with my progress, or lack of.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: insane1400 on Monday, 29 June  2020, 08:42 PM
Well... I took my bike for its first run with the pod filters today (or I tried to).
The bike started easily, but as soon as I backed off throttle the engine stalled (going downhill). Every time I came to a stop the bike stalled. Once it was going it seemed ok, I only went to about 3500rpm in 2nd as I was only in the back streets around my home.
So now I have 3 options, 1-try to refit the original airbox with the engine in the bike (serious modifications will be needed), 2- remove engine and refit airbox, 3-buy power commander and get it dynotuned $$$$$...
No 1 it is going to be. I will update tomorrow with my progress, or lack of.

Try resetting the tickover and/or adjusting the throttle cables first. On my K7, I found when I first got it, that if I backed off approaching junctions the engine would cut, basically the throttle cables were out of adjustment. Adjusted them as per the handbook for slack and all was good
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk