News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Fuel line connector

Started by Mister Fishfinger, Monday, 05 March 2018, 04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

What size fuel line do we need? 8mm?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

yes mate, they measure as 5/16th, same thing.

northern

There is how I solve my issue of loosing OEM stopper piece today  :hat:

KiwiCol

Good job. No leaks?   
If it were me, I'd be looking to replace the hose & connectors with a new / different style.  We were talking about this just recently & I'm sure there's a link to the range of new (easier to use) connectors in that thread.  I don't think the connectors were particularly expensive either.  I'll go look for the thread.

northern

There was no leaking before, so it remain the same. Cable ties will just keep hose in place, same way as OEM plastic piece.
Probably will replace it later for something better, but for now - super fast and super easy solution :)

KiwiCol

KiwiCol

ajl

i just did filter mod , bought new straight and angled fittings on flea bay .took 10 days seem good will advise oh and less the a tenner.

Basil Brush

This one job that I absolutely detest. Taking tank off and disconnecting fuel line. In this day and age it's crying out for a better design. Or is there a secret to quick removal...?
He who laugh's last - laugh's last...

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Basil Brush on Sunday, 07 October  2018, 06:41 AM
This one job that I absolutely detest. Taking tank off and disconnecting fuel line. In this day and age it's crying out for a better design. Or is there a secret to quick removal...?

Don't know about quick but easier. Disconnect the fuel pump wire and undo the two bolts at the rear of the tank. Prop the rear of the tank up on the side edge of brown parcel tape. Squeeze the clip holding the fuel line on and rotate it slightly to break the seal whilst pulling backwards.

Assembly is a reverse of the above.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

ajl

i have ad the tank off so many times i think i have mastered it. but it is fiddly. now i have new filter below and in front of rear tank support ,it is a little easier,just. but at least the filter is washable at service intervals. i aim to cut open the temporary one i used to italy and back to see if there is any crud. i ran the bike with new filter and blocked pairs last night.it sounded much smoother and a more stable idle ,will road test it next week when weather clear .

Basil Brush

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Sunday, 07 October  2018, 08:21 AM
Quote from: Basil Brush on Sunday, 07 October  2018, 06:41 AM

Don't know about quick but easier. Disconnect the fuel pump wire and undo the two bolts at the rear of the tank. Prop the rear of the tank up on the side edge of brown parcel tape. Squeeze the clip holding the fuel line on and rotate it slightly to break the seal whilst pulling backwards.

Assembly is a reverse of the above.

That sounds where I could be going wrong. I'll try to squeeze the clip and turn it slightly.

Oh I prefer to use a peice of 2x1 timber. To prop tank up!
He who laugh's last - laugh's last...

Speedy1959

froudy

The only problem I ever had with this connector was forgetting to refit it when I did my complete ground up rebuild of the bike a few years ago. The result when I tried to start her up was a large amount of fuel being sprayed out everywhere as the pump attempted to prime the system. Luckily I was outside at the time and not in my workshop. What a mess :furious:

I guarantee that you won't make the same mistake twice :rofl2:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

grog

If any Aussies looking for JIS connecters, Pirtek have them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk