News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

GSX1400 Paint Codes

Started by gsxbarmy, Sunday, 05 February 2017, 04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

NOTE: This thread is also available to download as a PDF file from the Downloads (General) Section

GSX1400 K2 in Blue & White (L99 scheme) - 0WJ Pearl Still White - 1LF Pearl Deep Blue
GSX1400 K2 in Silver - YM6 Galaxy Silver metallic.
GSX1400 K2 in Blue - YC2 Candy Grand Blue

GSX1400 K3 in Blue & White (L99 scheme) - 0WJ Pearl Still White - 1LF Pearl Deep Blue
GSX1400 K3 in Silver - YD8 Metallic Sonic Silver .
GSX1400 K3 in Blue - 1LF Pearl Deep Blue

GSX1400 K4 in Blue & White (LR5 Scheme) - YBD Glass Splash White and YBA Pearl Deep Blue No.2
GSX1400 K4 in Red & Black (CG9 scheme) - Pearl Helios Red - Solid Black
GSX1400 K4 in Black - YAY Pearl Nebular Black
GSX1400 K4 in Silver ? - YAU Metallic Barrel Grey

GSX1400 K5 in Blue & White (LR5 scheme) - YBD Glass Splash White and YBA Pearl Deep Blue No.2
GSX1400 K5 in Red & Black (YJB scheme) - Pearl Crystal Red - YAY Pearl Nebular Black
GSX1400 K5 in Black - YAY Pearl Nebular Black

GSX1400 K6 in Blue & White (LR5 scheme) - YBD Glass Splash White and YBA Pearl Deep Blue No.2
GSX1400 K6 in Black - YAY Pearl Nebular Black

GSX1400 K7 in Blue & White (LR5 scheme) - YBD Glass Splash White and YBA Pearl Deep Blue No.2

Paint code for White Wheels (K2-K4): 28W Special White (rare to find - nearest colour to that is Ford Fiesta Frozen White)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Duran

Hi all, I have a 2002 k2 need to touch up the frame, anyone know the paint code ( Gloss black)
Cheers Duran
Just loving it

KiwiCol

Probably the same black as the K4, K5 & K6. YAY Pearl Nebular Black.   Unless someone has painted in rattle can gloss black.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Duran on Monday, 27 February  2017, 04:57 PM
Hi all, I have a 2002 k2 need to touch up the frame, anyone know the paint code ( Gloss black)
Cheers Duran

The K2's were never released in Black Duran, so unless someone has fitted the black tank off a later model (in which case KiwiCol's suggestion is band on) then it sounds like yours has been resprayed at some point so could be any black. If yours has a faint blue speckle through it in the sunshine then that would "match" with the Suzuki black.

That aside, Halfords Black touchup is a good match for the frame so may do your tank, others have had their side panels sprayed in Ford Panther Black, which is a close match.

Blubber

pssst, he is talking about touching up the black of the frame   :whistling:

:facepalm:

Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Blubber on Monday, 27 February  2017, 09:23 PM
pssst, he is talking about touching up the black of the frame   :whistling:

:facepalm:

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :facepalm: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Halfords Black touch-up works fine and matches exactly!!!  :onya:

Blubber

Your answer was there, just a bit ... elaborated  :cool:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Gra Har

Any ideas for a car colour match for the glass splash white, need to touch the front guard?

gsxbarmy

That's an awkward one especially as you don't get the white mudguards in the UK (they only fitted them to the K8's which were only sold down under).

Glass Splash white is a 2 pack paint hence why awkward to get a good match.

On my K7 which had that as the white on the tank, the nearest I got was Ford Fiesta Frozen White - whether that is available down under I don't know. Not an exact match but pretty damn good

MarkN

I need to re-paint the front mudguard on my 14 as it would appear to have been done at some point in it's life but the finish is dull so the paint codes are a great help :onya:
The grab rail on the bike is black but it's a K2 year - am I right in thinking it should be white? Not seen any other b/w one with a black grab rail :confused1:

gsxbarmy

Quote from: MarkN on Monday, 29 October  2018, 09:29 PM
I need to re-paint the front mudguard on my 14 as it would appear to have been done at some point in it's life but the finish is dull so the paint codes are a great help :onya:
The grab rail on the bike is black but it's a K2 year - am I right in thinking it should be white? Not seen any other b/w one with a black grab rail :confused1:

If you have a B&W K2, then the grab rail should be white.

However if you want it polished, the paint comes off easy enough with Nitromors and its a nice bit of ally under there - you can then have a bling polished grab rail instead  :8:

MarkN

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Tuesday, 30 October  2018, 01:41 AM
Quote from: MarkN on Monday, 29 October  2018, 09:29 PM

If you have a B&W K2, then the grab rail should be white.

However if you want it polished, the paint comes off easy enough with Nitromors and its a nice bit of ally under there - you can then have a bling polished grab rail instead  :8:

Cheers Barmy, that's what I thought. Didn't realise that about the grab rail though - thought it was some sort of plastic  :facepalm:

BJ

Anyone know paint code for grey stripe on tank on 2006. Thanks

seth

@BJ it's part of the decal not painted on the tank is only painted blue and white.
The decals are £112 from Suzuki and the S badge is £50 .

If your looking to paint something the same colour a good painter should be able to match it .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

BJ

Thanks Seth. I'll rely on the painter. I bought a second hand tail piece which I am going to have painted white with matching grey stripe as per tank. May even start the striping from the side covers. Haven't decided yet. I don't particularly like the dark blueish back end. Was also thinking of stripping and polishing the passenger hand grip. Time will tell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk