News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

How I protect my tank

Started by Speedy1959, Sunday, 24 September 2017, 03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy1959

In the past when I have removed handle bars or forks etc I have protected the tank from dings and scratched in the following way..
Go to a place that sells cheap bathroom mat sets...
Use the one thats supposed to go around the toilet the go around the neck of the bike..
These mats are well padded and will protect the tank if you drop a spanner etc..
See photos...

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Del

I like it - wish I had thought of this last month  :clapping: :clapping:
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Reece

I do similar with a double up beach towel.

Irish in Oz

That looks better than my Bagster and I'm sure lots cheaper, does it still stay on at 266 kph ;)

Notty

And it will collect any drips you may have !  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Andre

Great idea but could be a bit larger. I also need a larger toilet. :grin:

Speedy1959

Dont forget that if you want larger then just add the sink mat on top of the bog mat....
If you want larger still then your either a clumsy git with a spanner or just use the bath mat as well as the other 2 mats.
:laugh:

Kiwifruit

.....when you've finished protecting your tank from the hammer and vice grips, you can duct tape it to the tank then if you take the cat riding with you it can hang on...... but still feel at home !!
:boogie2:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

froudy

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 26 September  2017, 10:20 AM
.....when you've finished protecting your tank from the hammer and vice grips, you can duct tape it to the tank then if you take the cat riding with you it can hang on...... but still feel at home !!
:boogie2:

:rofl2: :rofl2:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Basil Brush

Quote from: Del on Sunday, 24 September  2017, 08:17 AM
I like it - wish I had thought of this last month  :clapping: :clapping:

Me too. Dropped an hex key socket on mine. Gutted. Small chip. I'll cover in future...
He who laugh's last - laugh's last...

Tonythetiger

I wish i'd thought of that a few month's ago, I was re-fitting the exhaust when my 2 year old grandson decided to grab a ratchet to help me and battered the tank with it right on the line from the blue to white paint, I could have cried when i looked at how much paint he'd removed. He's still alive and i still love him to bits but he's A LOT wiser now haha.

froudy

A very simple and very effective idea :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

grog

Good idea but big old beach towell i use.

DP1400

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Tuesday, 26 September  2017, 06:09 AM
Dont forget that if you want larger then just add the sink mat on top of the bog mat....
If you want larger still then your either a clumsy git with a spanner or just use the bath mat as well as the other 2 mats.
:laugh:
Then I suggest the stair carpet next, topped with the sheepskin rug out of the lounge to give the whole thing that `finished look` :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk